• The KillerFrogs

TCU 360: Judge won’t throw out claim that TCU officials were indifferent to discrimination

OICU812

You replied to the wrong person. Never mentioned Lationos (sic).

Yeah so my typo means you didn't endorse the idiotic idea that Hispanics aren't represented in advertising? Is that what you're going with? SMH.

Edit: OBTW, the jaw-dropping stupidity of a bunch of white anglo dudes sitting around going, "You know, I'm bothered that there are too many blacks and not enough Hispanics present in contemporary media."

Lol.

Last edited:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Yeah so my typo means you didn't endorse the idiotic idea that Hispanics aren't represented in advertising? Is that what you're going with? SMH.

Edit: OBTW, the jaw-dropping stupidity of a bunch of white anglo dudes sitting around going, "You know, I'm bothered that there are too many blacks and not enough Hispanics present in contemporary media."

Lol.

I didn’t say a word about Hispanics at all and didn’t endorse a thing. So yeah, I’m going with that. Try some decaf, you’re getting a little wound up on assumptions.

Showtime Joe 2.0

Seemed semi-rational enough at first, but was bound to fall on it's face at some point. Here it is, for me:

"The problem is that when the work of the civil rights legislation was done—when de jure segregation was stopped. . . "

If he believes that de jure segregation has stopped, he needs to get out of his ivory tower more. Maybe go do some shopping in Stop Six, then in Rivercrest.
I don't think you know the difference between de jure segregation and de facto segregation.

Last edited:

Froglaw

The New American Constitution-The Civil Rights Act of 1964. The roots of our partisan divide.

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/roots-partisan-divide/

So separate but equal was a better system?

*sarcasm*

The Civil Rights Act gave the Courts the ability to strike down racist legislation.

To force employers to pay workers based on the job and not race, color, or creed.

I'm sure I'm missing Paint's point because having "colored sections" in restaurants, buses, and bathrooms is kinda tough to defend.

But I'm listening while shaking my head.

Frog-in-law1995

*sarcasm*

The Civil Rights Act gave the Courts the ability to strike down racist legislation.

To force employers to pay workers based on the job and not race, color, or creed.

I'm sure I'm missing Paint's point because having "colored sections" in restaurants, buses, and bathrooms is kinda tough to defend.

You misunderstood the article entirely.

Paint It Purple

*sarcasm*

The book, whose title states the widely recognized position that America is in the midst of a deep partisan divide, attempts to explain cause and effect. Early on the author states that he is not offering any sort of defense of segregation or racism. He called out the "sham democracies of the South," and he points out that most of the book's criticism comes from those who have not read it. ( I don't think you took the time to read the article...did you? ) The book doesn't per se criticize the 1964 Civil Rights Act. The book illustrates that the law moved power away from the normal constitutional and democratic process. (a second constitution). Democratic decisions were moved to judges and bureaucrats from the people. He then asks the question and illustrates the consequences of ruling society via fiat versus the intended constitutional democratic process. In my opinion this is what happens when we think some extra-constitutional LAW is going to fix everything. Read the article...better yet, go buy the book.

Paint It Purple

Seemed semi-rational enough at first, but was bound to fall on it's face at some point. Here it is, for me:

"The problem is that when the work of the civil rights legislation was done—when de jure segregation was stopped. . . "

If he believes that de jure segregation has stopped, he needs to get out of his ivory tower more. Maybe go do some shopping in Stop Six, then in Rivercrest.
FYI, I went to work everyday in Stop Six. I was invited into countless homes in the Stop Six neighborhood everyday to do my work. I've driven through Rivercrest. I think I attended a luncheon there once, many years ago. I've never been invited inside anyone's home in that area. Is your weak point that the Rivercrest and Stop Six neighborhoods inherently illustrate segregation? If so, you might examine your racist card for full membership.

OICU812

FYI, I went to work everyday in Stop Six. I was invited into countless homes in the Stop Six neighborhood everyday to do my work. I've driven through Rivercrest. I think I attended a luncheon there once, many years ago. I've never been invited inside anyone's home in that area. Is your weak point that the Rivercrest and Stop Six neighborhoods inherently illustrate segregation? If so, you might examine your racist card for full membership.

Ridiculous. Pretty close to saying, "I can't be racist I have a black friend."

And by saying, "I worked there," is like a brown or black worker catching a bus to clean house in Rivercrest, or to cook for the members at Shady Oaks and taking that to mean those places aren't segregated.

OICU812

I don't think you know the difference between de jure segregation and de facto segregation.

My con law prof would beg to differ. When the US Supreme Court rules that Texas redistricting plans are per se racist with the specific intention of weakening minority votes which has the effect of perpetuating segregation, I'm pretty sure that's de jure. Maybe you don't think the Texas Leg is involved in making laws.

Sometimes the correct answer to a question is more than you can draw from a bubbled letter on a scantron sheet.

Paint It Purple

Ridiculous. Pretty close to saying, "I can't be racist I have a black friend."

And by saying, "I worked there," is like a brown or black worker catching a bus to clean house in Rivercrest, or to cook for the members at Shady Oaks and taking that to mean those places aren't segregated.
You suggested visiting those neighborhoods would magically open someone’s eyes to segregation. And, if you believe that, then you are an unabashed bigot. I simply acknowledged that I have been to both neighborhoods. Have you?

4 Oaks Frog

Young folks...Come back with me to live during segregation in small town east Texas, and then come back to today, and tell me what you think...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!

Paint It Purple

Young folks...Come back with me to live during segregation in small town east Texas, and then come back to today, and tell me what you think...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!
I lived in both actually, and have been all around the world in between. The times and places are no longer the same. IMO...today is so much better...with work to be done. There most likely always will.

Showtime Joe 2.0

My con law prof would beg to differ. When the US Supreme Court rules that Texas redistricting plans are per se racist with the specific intention of weakening minority votes which has the effect of perpetuating
segregation, I'm pretty sure that's de jure. Maybe you don't think the Texas Leg is involved in making laws

Sometimes the correct answer to a question is more than you can draw from a bubbled letter on a scantron sheet.
And sometimes it isn’t. What you posted above is pure sophistry.

The author of the article was correct in stating that all laws specifically requiring or mandating racial segregation (which is exactly what de jure segregation means) were taken off the books by the end of the 1960s. Period.

Hemingway

We notice this, too, and wonder why some of the "investigating" and "crusading" national journalists don't notice it, and say something about it. And where are the Latinos? They make up 50% more of the US population than blacks so, excuse me, Blacks do, (12%-18%), but when do you ever see Latinos in advertisements? Strange.
I think the Telemundo has some of the better Presidential coverage. The Democrats have to go there and they actually get real questions. Not the cnn softballs.
That section will be in control of the DNC in ten years.

tcumaniac

Hillsdale! I almost went to school there--did not know there was anyone else out there who knew it existed.
My next door neighbor for a few years went to Hillsdale. Probably around your age. He was teaching history and getting his PhD at tcu. Awesome guy. And something uncommon in academia, he was actually very conservative. He’s now on faculty at the US Army War college in Carlisle Barracks, PA.