• The KillerFrogs

TCU 360: A Day With Jamie Dixon

Farmfrog

From that interview you can tell he has a lot of Killer in him. Love the detail he puts into everything from practice to the game.

We are very lucky to have him.

tcumaniac

I’ve had the pleasure of spending some time with JD informally (and briefly) on a couple of occasions and he is a genuinely nice guy. He is one of those folks who actively listen and seem genuinely interested when in a conversation.
I met Coach Dixon for the first time at a baseball tailgate right after he had been hired. I introduced myself and spoke to him for about 30 seconds and jokingly told him I was proud to be able to tell my friends that I was a basketball season ticket holder before Jamie was hire. I mingled with other people for about 15 minutes before leaving the tailgate. Jamie made it a point to say bye to me and even remembered my name, which I felt spoke to his character. Every other encounter I've had with him makes him seem to be a genuinely nice guy. I agreed 100% with your assessment that he is an active listener and appears genuinely interested in what you have to say.

tcumaniac

I've never been one to jump on the "let's blame our injuries on the strength and conditioning coaches" train, but this was a pretty interesting quote from Jamie:

Dixon lamented how injuries have been a constant during his time at TCU, more noticeable than what he had observed during his 13 years at Pittsburgh.

“I’ve never had three guys consistently out for a stretch for as long as they did, about six months, it’s unheard of,” he said.

Eight

I've never been one to jump on the "let's blame our injuries on the strength and conditioning coaches" train, but this was a pretty interesting quote from Jamie:

Dixon lamented how injuries have been a constant during his time at TCU, more noticeable than what he had observed during his 13 years at Pittsburgh.

“I’ve never had three guys consistently out for a stretch for as long as they did, about six months, it’s unheard of,” he said.

curious how a s&c coach could have an impact on a broken hand or a concussion.

fisher's knee? maybe but that seems to be a chronic condition.