• The KillerFrogs

TCU $100MM Renovation to AGC - 2019 Season

Wllafuze

TCU plans to spend $100 million on luxury suites and premium seating at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

The school announced the fundraising campaign on Tuesday, five years after a $164 million overhaul that was completed before TCU’s first season in the Big 12.

The project will add two new levels of luxury seating above the upper deck on the east side of the stadium. The expansion includes two private clubs, more than 1,000 club seats and 20 luxury suites. A 100-foot balcony will overlook Frog Alley, the TCU campus and downtown Fort Worth.

If the fundraising goal is met, construction will begin in May 2018, with completion expected before the start of the 2019 season.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...niversity/article184528853.html#storylink=cpy

MAcFroggy

Does anybody have an estimate on how much additional revenue per year this might bring in? Seems like a very expensive project for a small number of seats.

Anybody have any idea how much (donation plus ticket prices) are required for a current club ticket?

TCU_backer

Does anybody have an estimate on how much additional revenue per year this might bring in? Seems like a very expensive project for a small number of seats.

Anybody have any idea how much (donation plus ticket prices) are required for a current club ticket?

I believe they were projecting seat licenses at $17,500 per seat + ticket.

If the seats and suites are sold it’ll be 100% paid off — or close to it vis-a-vis commitments — (day one) if done right.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I cannot make out whether there is space beneath the new addition for the breeze to pass through. That little breeze sure made the sun nearly bearable in September...

HFrog12

I cannot make out whether there is space beneath the new addition for the breeze to pass through. That little breeze sure made the sun nearly bearable in September...

Yea I am curious if there will be access to a level above the current east side section, or is it just cut off and/or closed in? Like if you have seats at the top of the 200's could you take an escalator or elevator and come in on the backside, or does it stay as is?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Better cut those checks.

Probably the #1 data phrase on CDC’s phone to donars. I wonder if he ever picks up his dry cleaning suits and the nice little girl at the window hands him one of those stapled envelopes of loose pocket contents they found in the process....with 5 uncashed donor checks in it.

From 2014.