• The KillerFrogs

Taking a break

AroundWorldFrog

You're a good egg Mr. Wes. You've created an amazing place here for us frog fans to banter back and forth, and this place will long survive all of us. I truly hope that you will also be able to "take a break" from chemo at some point in your future. Remember to find the beauty in each day, even when times are particularly rough.

I'd offer to drive you anywhere but that would mean a long road trip for both of us :)

Take care of yourself xoxo
A certain picture posted here might cheer him up.

back_in_black

Moderators
Wes I am praying for you. I hope to make it down for one more game this year and I hope to see you there. Stay strong and remember all your friends are here for you.

Frogged

Frogged
As most of you know, in March of this year l was diagnosed with Glioblastoma, a common but often times deadly form of brain cancer. Surgery was performed in March and the surgeon removed as much as possible of both tumors but he could not safely remove all of them.

Since the surgery, I have done radiation an 5 cycles of chemotherapy and I started the 6th cycle last night. Chemotherapy will continue for the rest of my life. I only take the pill for 5 nights and then get 28 days off before the next cycle begins.

When I started chemo, I thought it was a snap as I tolerated it well but with each new cycle, I get profound bouts of nausea and fatigue. It hasn’t been fun but it beats wearing a toe tag.

There are days where I feel like I could run a marathon and days where it’s a struggle to walk to the bathroom. Sadly, the latter case is getting to be the rule rather than the exception.

The surgery has affected both my peripheral vision and depth perception and as a result I can no longer drive. So I have sold my beloved Mini Cooper convertible.

The surgery has also affected my ability to type so pretty much everything that I enter into the computer is dictated and transcribed.

I tell you all of this, not to get your sympathy but to let you know that I am stepping back from the Frog Fan Forum for a while. I’ll do my best to read it and to stay abreast of what’s going on and to get my much needed “Frog Fix” but I won’t be much of an active participant, at least for a while.

I still plan on doing our podcasts but that may change in the not too distant future, depending on how I feel.

Before I sign off, I want to thank all of you for making my life so much richer over the past 21 years. I couldn’t have made it without you.

I still plan on going to as many games as possible, as long as I can find someone who is willing to drive me.

So if you see me at a game, please stop me, introduce yourself and let me shake your hand. I know many of you but would love to get to know more of you
Thanks again and don’t give up on this team

PS...please don’t hesitate to email me if you want. I’ll do my best to respond quickly

Go Frogs
God bless, Wes

I know what you're going through is very, very difficult but I hope it helps a little to know that we all appreciate what you've built here for us and that we wish the best for you.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your comments and I didn't want to make it sound like I was ready for them to pull the plug on me, but given the limitations that I'm now forced to live with and how bad this medicine makes me feel, I thought it best to step back for a while but as you can see I can't stay away for too long.

Part of all this is just the frustration that I feel by not being able to type and being forced to dictate everything. It's not a perfect system and I have to edit everything that I dictate but that's what I'm stuck with so I had better learn to make the best of it.

Anyway thanks so much guys. I'll be on here as much as possible and really didn't mean to make it sound like I'm ready for them to dig the hole for me, but I do get frustrated with all this.

Go Frogs

Last edited:

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
It’s been a pleasure getting to know you Wes and I’m sure I’ll see you again soon. Thanks for all you’ve done here and for my career as well. The world needs more people like you!
Thanks but I think the world needs more talented people like yourself.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Damn. NEGU Wes.

Wondering if you will be at OU Saturday. Because my daughter wants to visit TCU, I'm making my first trip to FW in about ten years.

Met you and Scott in Iowa a few years ago and would love to shake your hand again.

Thanks for all you've meant to this community. And will mean to it for years to come. Again, NEGU.

John
Thank you John and as of right now, I plan on being at the OU game but that could change. However, if I am there I'd love nothing more than to shake your hand and have the opportunity to meet you

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your comments and I didn't want to make it sound like I was ready for them to pull the plug on me, but given the limitations that I'm now forced to live with and how bad this medicine makes me feel, I thought it best to step back for a while but as you can see I can't stay away for too long.

Part of all this is just the frustration that I feel by not being able to type and being forced to dictate everything. It's not a perfect system and I have to edit everything that I dictate but that's what I'm stuck with so I had better learn to make the best of it.

Anyway thanks so much guys. I'll be on here as much as possible not really didn't mean to make it sound like I'm ready for them to dig the hole for me, but I do get frustrated with all this.

Go Frogs
Reminds me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

"I'm not dead yet."

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
dang it wes, just as this board has worked itself into a pretty healthy lather of loathing and self pity over some lost games and teenagers who can't make up their minds you provide cause for re-calibration by reminding what is truly important in life and beyond

continued prayers for you wes, god's will for you be it more time here on earth, or being re-united with cameron and scott

you have impacted more people in a positive way than you will ever know and you will leave a legacy or kindness, service, and friendship. you are a true blessing.
Gosh thank you so much. I know that my time here is limited and I've learned come come to grips with it. It hasn't been easy but one thing that's made easier for me is knowing that I will be reunited with Cameron, my old buddy Scott, my parents and especially my grandfather who been one the guiding lights in my life