• The KillerFrogs

Taking a break

froginmn

So if you see me at a game, please stop me, introduce yourself and let me shake your hand. I know many of you but would love to get to know more of you
Thanks again and don’t give up on this team

PS...please don’t hesitate to email me if you want. I’ll do my best to respond quickly

Go Frogs
Damn. NEGU Wes.

Wondering if you will be at OU Saturday. Because my daughter wants to visit TCU, I'm making my first trip to FW in about ten years.

Met you and Scott in Iowa a few years ago and would love to shake your hand again.

Thanks for all you've meant to this community. And will mean to it for years to come. Again, NEGU.

John

Relic

I've lurked here for years, but have never posted a word. I enjoy the rants and raves, learning things about football I never knew, and deciphering the personalities of those who do post. There's quite the assortment of folks and viewpoints. But Wes, your posts have always been a bit different - a tad more introspective, reserved, insightful in a way that makes the casual reader slowdown and think. I always look for your avatar and comments.

I can't fully imagine the difficulties you are facing on a day-to-day basis, but selling your car starts to put it in perspective. I'm at the age where life takes on a new preciousness, seeing so many friends and relatives pass on, and I try to focus more intently on pleasing myself less, and those around me more. Living life in the 4th quarter alters ones perspective.

You are on my prayer list, not that my prayers are more special than anyone else's, but God listens and for that I am grateful. You have set a noble example of how to deal with devastating life changes with grit, grace, and perseverance. And that example is noticed by all that have read your posts.

God bless you abundantly and strengthen you when you need it most.

froginmn

I've lurked here for years, but have never posted a word. I enjoy the rants and raves, learning things about football I never knew, and deciphering the personalities of those who do post. There's quite the assortment of folks and viewpoints. But Wes, your posts have always been a bit different - a tad more introspective, reserved, insightful in a way that makes the casual reader slowdown and think. I always look for your avatar and comments.

I can't fully imagine the difficulties you are facing on a day-to-day basis, but selling your car starts to put it in perspective. I'm at the age where life takes on a new preciousness, seeing so many friends and relatives pass on, and I try to focus more intently on pleasing myself less, and those around me more. Living life in the 4th quarter alters ones perspective.

You are on my prayer list, not that my prayers are more special than anyone else's, but God listens and for that I am grateful. You have set a noble example of how to deal with devastating life changes with grit, grace, and perseverance. And that example is noticed by all that have read your posts.

Heckuva first post.

Thanks for everything you said. Not just for Wes, it raises all of us up.

4 Oaks Frog

Hey classmate...Thank you so much for the fun playhouse that you built for all of us old Frog fogies (and young ones too) to come play in. It is a fit monument to you and Scott. We all love you and lift you up in our prayers. PLEASE drop by and say “hey” as often as you can. Little Larry Lauer and Boyd Matson send their best...

GO FROGS!
BEAT ou!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] & cancer!!

OmniscienceFrog

Hey classmate...Thank you so much for the fun playhouse that you built for all of us old Frog fogies (and young ones too) to come play in. It is a fit monument to you and Scott. We all love you and lift you up in our prayers. PLEASE drop by and say “hey” as often as you can. Little Larry Lauer and Boyd Matson send their best...

GO FROGS!
BEAT ou!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] & cancer!!
Wow, seeing Simpson Degrate inducted into the TCU Hall of Fame recently made me think of Boyd Matson, who did radio play by play of the TCU basketball games back when Simpson played.

Wes, you stay strong sir. I know things are tough for you and you are in my thoughts and prayers often.

LisaLT

You're a good egg Mr. Wes. You've created an amazing place here for us frog fans to banter back and forth, and this place will long survive all of us. I truly hope that you will also be able to "take a break" from chemo at some point in your future. Remember to find the beauty in each day, even when times are particularly rough.

I'd offer to drive you anywhere but that would mean a long road trip for both of us :)

Take care of yourself xoxo

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
'May The LORD Bless And Keep You'

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers....be strong!

...You are on my prayer list, not that my prayers are more special than anyone else's, but God listens and for that I am grateful. You have set a noble example of how to deal with devastating life changes with grit, grace, and perseverance. And that example is noticed by all that have read your posts.

AS THE POET SAID:
Pray for my soul. More things are wrought by prayer
Than this world dreams of. Wherefore let thy voice
Rise like a foutain for me night and day.
For what are men better than sheep or goats
That nourish a blind life within the brain,
If, knowing God, they lift not hands of prayer
Both for themselves and those that call them friend?
For so the whole round earth is every way
Bound by gold chains about the feet of God.

RebelFrog

As most of you know, in March of this year l was diagnosed with Glioblastoma, a common but often times deadly form of brain cancer. Surgery was performed in March and the surgeon removed as much as possible of both tumors but he could not safely remove all of them.

Since the surgery, I have done radiation an 5 cycles of chemotherapy and I started the 6th cycle last night. Chemotherapy will continue for the rest of my life. I only take the pill for 5 nights and then get 28 days off before the next cycle begins.

When I started chemo, I thought it was a snap as I tolerated it well but with each new cycle, I get profound bouts of nausea and fatigue. It hasn’t been fun but it beats wearing a toe tag.

There are days where I feel like I could run a marathon and days where it’s a struggle to walk to the bathroom. Sadly, the latter case is getting to be the rule rather than the exception.

The surgery has affected both my peripheral vision and depth perception and as a result I can no longer drive. So I have sold my beloved Mini Cooper convertible.

The surgery has also affected my ability to type so pretty much everything that I enter into the computer is dictated and transcribed.

I tell you all of this, not to get your sympathy but to let you know that I am stepping back from the Frog Fan Forum for a while. I’ll do my best to read it and to stay abreast of what’s going on and to get my much needed “Frog Fix” but I won’t be much of an active participant, at least for a while.

I still plan on doing our podcasts but that may change in the not too distant future, depending on how I feel.

Before I sign off, I want to thank all of you for making my life so much richer over the past 21 years. I couldn’t have made it without you.

I still plan on going to as many games as possible, as long as I can find someone who is willing to drive me.

So if you see me at a game, please stop me, introduce yourself and let me shake your hand. I know many of you but would love to get to know more of you
Thanks again and don’t give up on this team

PS...please don’t hesitate to email me if you want. I’ll do my best to respond quickly

Go Frogs
Hoping to see you at Oklahoma State Wes. Stay strong.

ETA: fat thumbs

hornedfrog86

There will be new Mini Cooper out when things get better for you and you can get one for you and yours for Fort Worth and for down under.