• The KillerFrogs

Taking a break

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
As most of you know, in March of this year l was diagnosed with Glioblastoma, a common but often times deadly form of brain cancer. Surgery was performed in March and the surgeon removed as much as possible of both tumors but he could not safely remove all of them.

Since the surgery, I have done radiation an 5 cycles of chemotherapy and I started the 6th cycle last night. Chemotherapy will continue for the rest of my life. I only take the pill for 5 nights and then get 28 days off before the next cycle begins.

When I started chemo, I thought it was a snap as I tolerated it well but with each new cycle, I get profound bouts of nausea and fatigue. It hasn’t been fun but it beats wearing a toe tag.

There are days where I feel like I could run a marathon and days where it’s a struggle to walk to the bathroom. Sadly, the latter case is getting to be the rule rather than the exception.

The surgery has affected both my peripheral vision and depth perception and as a result I can no longer drive. So I have sold my beloved Mini Cooper convertible.

The surgery has also affected my ability to type so pretty much everything that I enter into the computer is dictated and transcribed.

I tell you all of this, not to get your sympathy but to let you know that I am stepping back from the Frog Fan Forum for a while. I’ll do my best to read it and to stay abreast of what’s going on and to get my much needed “Frog Fix” but I won’t be much of an active participant, at least for a while.

I still plan on doing our podcasts but that may change in the not too distant future, depending on how I feel.

Before I sign off, I want to thank all of you for making my life so much richer over the past 21 years. I couldn’t have made it without you.

I still plan on going to as many games as possible, as long as I can find someone who is willing to drive me.

So if you see me at a game, please stop me, introduce yourself and let me shake your hand. I know many of you but would love to get to know more of you
Thanks again and don’t give up on this team

PS...please don’t hesitate to email me if you want. I’ll do my best to respond quickly

Go Frogs

4th. down

Wes, what a great relationship it's been and will continue to be so. Keep the therapy, my wife is going thru Chemo now. We Toadies appreciate all of your effort and what our ole pal Scott did. Continue on, Wes.

Eight

dang it wes, just as this board has worked itself into a pretty healthy lather of loathing and self pity over some lost games and teenagers who can't make up their minds you provide cause for re-calibration by reminding what is truly important in life and beyond

continued prayers for you wes, god's will for you be it more time here on earth, or being re-united with cameron and scott

you have impacted more people in a positive way than you will ever know and you will leave a legacy or kindness, service, and friendship. you are a true blessing.

AustFrog

Sorry that this is tough for you right now Wes. But I appreciate your spirit. And I certainly am thankful for all you, and Scott, have done over the years to make this place what it is. All of us Frogs are indebted.

FrogAbroad

You are in my little prayer notebook, Wes, on top of my desk, under a little reminder-thingy that says "Pray First." I refer to it every morning and you are prayed for more than once a day, I assure you.

You will NOT be forgotten while on your "chemo-vacation." We DO expect you back here, too, my friend. And as Moose so eloquently said...

FIGHT 'EM ON THE ICE!