• The KillerFrogs

Tailgating rules

TCURiggs

QUOTE(frogsuit @ Jun 5 2010, 05:05 PM) [snapback]569017[/snapback]
beware the Double Ice.

You threatening me? Just know that I'm always packin an Ice...careful.

SnoSki

QUOTE(Frogenstein @ Jun 5 2010, 10:20 AM) [snapback]568968[/snapback]
People have been openly consuming adult beverages at baseball tailgates all season. I just don't understand TCU's approach here. Either enforce the rules the entire season or change the rules to mirror the football tailgate rules.

Yeah.. we tailgated 3-4 times this season, and I had a bottle of beer very openly.. right on the grass between Bellaire and the lot.

jack the frog

Whats the law? Some open container violation I suppose, if the police were to not look the other way for some reason this tournament. Tough to arrest someone for violating NCAA tourney rules.

:smile:

QUOTE(jack the weed @ Jun 5 2010, 08:25 PM) [snapback]569071[/snapback]
Whats the law? Some open container violation I suppose, if the police were to not look the other way for some reason this tournament. Tough to arrest someone for violating NCAA tourney rules.

:smile:

It IS an open container thing. And the NCAA tells hosts institutions that if the law is in place, please enforce it during the tournament. I read this about 4 months ago when I had to run an NCAA event. I'll look for it Monday and post what it says.

I'm sure it depends whether or not the NCAA sends a rep if a school is going to go out of their way following all the rules (I.e. We didn't follow their dress code...gasp!). But it probably goes a long way in making them happy so you can host more tournaments in the future.

Houston Frog

Cops (TCU and Fort Worth) walked up to all the tailgate groups very early and told us, "y'all know there is no alcohol allowed today, correct?". We said yes, then they said ok, and they walked off and we never heard from them again all day. Basically, it was just one of those deals where the cops didn't care at all if we were drinking, but they had to be able to say they said something, so as long as we kept our beers in cups and our coolers in trucks, it was gonna be cool.

Okay, so I promised I would come back Monday after I read the NCAA packet sent to hosting schools. I'm a day late, sorry.

Anyway, after reading it, it went on and on about alcohol sales, open container and confiscating alcohol "onsite". So after reading it, I wasn't clear what their definition of "on-site" or "on premesis" was.

So I emailed the Director of Championships at Stanford and asked her thoughts (and told her what was happening at TCU). She said "I read that as meaning at the arena or stadium. I don't think there's anything they (NCAA) can do about the parking lot." So I stand corrected. I misread what "onsite" meant.

She added that TCU was probably just trying to create an alcohol free environment so there were no incidents and they can host future events.

I'll eat my crow for dinner tonight.