• The KillerFrogs

Tailgating rules

leofrog

For those that do want to tailgate, the Froggy 5-0 is out to get you. They stopped us tonight and told us there would absolutley be no alcohol allowed in the parking lots over the next two days. This is a university rule, and they will be looking for it. I know they will actually be looking for our tailgate. If you want to consume alcohol, put it in a cup, and keep the cooler in your car.

I asked an administration member this, and they confirmed that these were university rules, and they will not change for the regional.

leofrog

True. They stopped us after the game, and we had a 20 minute converstion with three of them. They said they will be looking for people who break the rules tomorrow, and if necessary, will call in the Fort Worth Police. I am just telling you what was told to us.

PurplePutt

Hmmm? I have sit in my Frog chair right by the hedge by the track and drank beer at every single game I have attended and in plain view of security. Most times I walk to the gate with a beer in my hand and toss it just prior to entering. If it is ok to tailgate for football, why not baseball? Somebody call the AD. This will not stand!

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Jun 5 2010, 06:09 AM) [snapback]568862[/snapback]
Hmmm? I have sit in my Frog chair right by the hedge by the track and drank beer at every single game I have attended and in plain view of security. Most times I walk to the gate with a beer in my hand and toss it just prior to entering. If it is ok to tailgate for football, why not baseball? Somebody call the AD. This will not stand!

So true, we have tailgated at that same spot most Saturday's this season and nothing has happened. This is the kind of thing that keeps TCU from moving ahead as a top-flight athletic program. Dear TCU, adults like adult beverages. Funny how adult beverages are allowed in the suites at Lupton and in the pavilions. Of course it is allowed there, because that alcohol is purchased through TCU.

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Jun 5 2010, 07:10 AM) [snapback]568879[/snapback]
So true, we have tailgated at that same spot most Saturday's this season and nothing has happened. This is the kind of thing that keeps TCU from moving ahead as a top-flight athletic program. Dear TCU, adults like adult beverages. Funny how adult beverages are allowed in the suites at Lupton and in the pavilions. Of course it is allowed there, because that alcohol is purchased through TCU.

We were told yesterday that no alcohol is allowed anywhere inside Lupton Stadium during the Regional Tourney. These are NCAA rules.

Too hot for much anyway - water is better - YMMV. :tongue:

gdice

I had this problem before the Tuesday game against A&M this year. Cop told me to put it in the car so good thing I had some cups. Also saw him telling the aggie tailgaters who had been there for a several hours they had to put it up.

Frogenstein

People have been openly consuming adult beverages at baseball tailgates all season. I just don't understand TCU's approach here. Either enforce the rules the entire season or change the rules to mirror the football tailgate rules.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(Frogenstein @ Jun 5 2010, 10:20 AM) [snapback]568968[/snapback]
People have been openly consuming adult beverages at baseball tailgates all season. I just don't understand TCU's approach here. Either enforce the rules the entire season or change the rules to mirror the football tailgate rules.

Yeah. Had one of the cops come up to me earlier in the season when I was drinking from a can and said you couldn't drink in the parking lot. He then said to just put it in a cup and not let him see the beer cans. Have done that ever since and nobody has ever said a word to me.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Jun 5 2010, 10:24 AM) [snapback]568973[/snapback]
Yeah. Had one of the cops come up to me earlier in the season when I was drinking from a can and said you couldn't drink in the parking lot. He then said to just put it in a cup and not let him see the beer cans. Have done that ever since and nobody has ever said a word to me.

The 'don't ask, don't tell' method of tailgating. :tongue:

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(Merch Frog @ Jun 5 2010, 10:22 AM) [snapback]568970[/snapback]
This is an NCAA thing. They do it at Stanford, too, only for NCAA run events.

Really, guess the NCAA turns a blind eye at Texas because there was plenty of drinking going on at the super regional last year. I don't believe it is an NCAA rule.

ftwfrog

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Jun 5 2010, 09:24 AM) [snapback]568973[/snapback]

Exactly the same here. Early in season, learned to pour into a cup.

Friday evening. Poured my beers into a styrophoam cup. No one said a word to us.

Houston Frog

FWIW, we asked them if we could put it in cups like normal, and they said no.

There was roughly 200 people openly drinking all day long, and then all of a sudden (about 30 minutes after the game was over) they came up and told us there was no alcohol allowed. We then asked if it was just because we were here late, and they said no.

My guess is we'll be out there anyway with solo cups.

Frogenstein

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Jun 5 2010, 10:24 AM) [snapback]568973[/snapback]

That is exactly what I am talking about. If you are not going to enforce the rule then why have the rule? It just creates more problems when you decide it is time to enforce the rule because people are accustomed to the rule not being enforced and might not even realize there is a rule.

TCURiggs

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 5 2010, 03:44 PM) [snapback]568988[/snapback]
FWIW, we asked them if we could put it in cups like normal, and they said no.

There was roughly 200 people openly drinking all day long, and then all of a sudden (about 30 minutes after the game was over) they came up and told us there was no alcohol allowed. We then asked if it was just because we were here late, and they said no.

My guess is we'll be out there anyway with solo cups.

Should have Iced that cop.

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Jun 5 2010, 03:38 PM) [snapback]568981[/snapback]
Really, guess the NCAA turns a blind eye at Texas because there was plenty of drinking going on at the super regional last year. I don't believe it is an NCAA rule.

Was the drinking in the stadium parking lot? They enforce it on the stadium property. Whether or not the local cops care to enforce it is another issue entirely. But if you want me to email you the NCAA tornament guidelines packet to you monday morning, I'll be happy to.

leofrog

QUOTE(Merch Frog @ Jun 5 2010, 11:16 AM) [snapback]569004[/snapback]
Was the drinking in the stadium parking lot? They enforce it on the stadium property. Whether or not the local cops care to enforce it is another issue entirely. But if you want me to email you the NCAA tornament guidelines packet to you monday morning, I'll be happy to.

It is strictly a TCU rule. It is not for the NCAA to dictate. They cannot control what happens outside the stadium, only inside.