• The KillerFrogs

Tailgating as Popular as it was?

NewFrogFan

It wasn’t an issue until the parking garage went up, then the floodgates opened. You are right, one has to get their when the gates open to hold your spot behind your parking space.

I remember some joker getting pissed because I moved his generator out my parking space back next to his canopy. I said if you don’t want to hear your generator running, why do you think I would want to? They didn’t even have a parking space in lot 3. Darn interlopers.

That sucks but at my school people show up when the sun comes up because the entire campus is used for random tail gate spots. However Lot 4 is cheaper and I buy a car spot and an empty spot. The spots around the perimeter with grass have been taken since it was converted from a GA lot. I did notice Lettermen TG is now in Lot 3, pay the entry fee and party with them, we did for a few years.

NewFrogFan

I've been saying this for years and years and years, but Del Conte completely gutted a big part of our core fan base by telling people that unless you are able and willing to stroke a big check, you do not matter to TCU. It didn't seem like a big deal back when it happened bc TCU was still sexy and cool and having decent seasons along with the newness of the Big 12.

But despite all the criticism I received, I promised this board that the TCU administration was making a fatal and irreversible mistake. Look at our season ticket sales. Look at the environment, or lack thereof, of our stadium. Look at the parking lots before the game. The consequences of Del Conte and Co.'s short sighted and arrogant attitude are starting to become blatantly clear. Sad.

Dont be afraid to call/write new AD, I did with DC and he called within minutes every time.

smufrogger

I've been saying this for years and years and years, but Del Conte completely gutted a big part of our core fan base by telling people that unless you are able and willing to stroke a big check, you do not matter to TCU. It didn't seem like a big deal back when it happened bc TCU was still sexy and cool and having decent seasons along with the newness of the Big 12.

But despite all the criticism I received, I promised this board that the TCU administration was making a fatal and irreversible mistake. Look at our season ticket sales. Look at the environment, or lack thereof, of our stadium. Look at the parking lots before the game. The consequences of Del Conte and Co.'s short sighted and arrogant attitude are starting to become blatantly clear. Sad.
But del conte moves on and won’t ever have to deal with what he did.
As you have stated, sadly this is irreversible.
They allowed the band wagon fans that were willing to write a big check upfront to leapfrog the loyal die hard fans for the prime tickets and broke up decades of loyal fan seating. It is what it is and most of us knew that prioritizing your bandwagon fans over the loyal fans was short sighted.

Barring a miraculous turnaround , next years season ticket sales will be brutally low. I’m giving back most of mine while trying to figure out why I don’t dump all of them. There is no incentive for me to have them - I don’t sit in a prime seat and half the time visitors are sitting next to me.
I can easily grab better seats for less than face value off stub hub and won’t feel obligated to go to the brutally hot games in August to watch a pine bluff game just because I paid for the season.

mc1502

2k for a spot got old in lot 3 when the grass area behind your parking space was starting to get bogarted by others. These are the spaces that back up to the lot where the parking garage is.

It was assumed and respected for years that the grass behind your parking spot was your tailgate area. Once the garage was built in the next lot, interlopers were showing up real early and snagging the area behind your parking spot. That was horsechit and why pay 2k a season to have some joker squat on your tailgate area.
Agree. That's total BS, and the people doing it know it's BS too.