• The KillerFrogs

T-shirt fan

sketchy

For years, I've seen and heard people refer to a fan as "t-shirt fan"
I get what it's implying, but, isn't there a difference between a "t-shirt fan" vs "bandwagon fan?"

Like, if someone grew up as a Frog fan, from birth, but never had the means to go to TCU.....are they a "t-shirt fan?"
As opposed to someone who intermittently is a TCU fan, during good times only?

Just curious how this works.......

Wexahu

I get what it's implying, but, isn't there a difference between a "t-shirt fan" vs "bandwagon fan?"

Like, if someone grew up as a Frog fan, from birth, but never had the means to go to TCU.....are they a "t-shirt fan?"

As far as I’m concerned if you want TCU to win every week, you’re a fan. Nothing else really matters, lord knows there are a ton of people out there that either couldn’t get in or couldn’t afford to go to TCU.

The putting down of t-shirt fans is mainly because we don’t have as many as UT and OU. We’ll take any fan we can get.

TCU_91

When I think of the shirt fans I think of Bama/OU the shirt, car stickers, smack talking. And they are not from Oklahoma/Alabama or Ohio.

They simply have no spine and root for whoever wins. Yes sounds like bamawagoners, I think the difference is they never started with a school until theyou Started winning.

Bama is the WORST.

Mean Purple

I don't know if we have t-shirt fans. not that kind of program, unfortunately. and for the record, t-shirt fan is such an odd designation anyway. Aggies always claim UT fans are t-shirt fans. Hell, t-shirts are formal wear for aggies.