• The KillerFrogs

Super Regional Thread...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Not if it comes at the expense of Number 1 seed Tennessee
Noater Dame is a bigger TV draw, in their minds. They can advertise their presence to draw in casual viewers. Tennessee does not have that name recognition or potential draw, thus their seeding is unimportant to a Network whose metrics of importance do not include such trivialities. Ratings are the only thing that matters. In fact, the #1 Seed losing is a Big Story in itself, and would potentially draw viewers to see the Noater Dame Cinderella who knocked off #1 to get to the CWS. The Story practically writes itself!

And yes, I am that cynical.

Eight

Rodgers didn’t improve. BT was the same awesome hitter he has been. I agree you can’t measure Byrne. Goodloe showed improvement as well

once you hit a certain age it is tough to continue to improve, rodgers was most likely at his peak 3-4 years ago

testosterone-declines-with-age-graph.png

froginmn

I just feel sick for UT. The ECU fans are basically doing nothing other than throwing horns down.

Hilarious that the Horns made such a big issue of it that now the world knows how mad they get. Every person who was ever a brother knows that you find out what bothers your brother and then do that thing relentlessly.

Bizarro Frog

Does not matter who you are rooting for in the TX vs ECU game but he home plate ump
is a nincompoop. He has called TX batters out with extreme bogus strikes. Have to switch to robo strike zones or whatever they are called. Help these guys put their ego on the shelf and improve baseball.

GoFrog Yourself

Noater Dame is a bigger TV draw, in their minds. They can advertise their presence to draw in casual viewers. Tennessee does not have that name recognition or potential draw, thus their seeding is unimportant to a Network whose metrics of importance do not include such trivialities. Ratings are the only thing that matters. In fact, the #1 Seed losing is a Big Story in itself, and would potentially draw viewers to see the Noater Dame Cinderella who knocked off #1 to get to the CWS. The Story practically writes itself!

And yes, I am that cynical.
Most Irish fans likely couldn’t tell you if they had a baseball team, whereas Tennessee has a name and swag appeal to the younger casual fan. If this were football you might have an argument but baseball it’s Tennessee by a mile