• The KillerFrogs

Super Regional question

SeniorFrog

Coastal Carolina#4, Virginia #5, Louisville #7, and Georgia Tech#8.

If a national seed loses does their host site move to the next highest seed in their bracket? Or does it move to the next highest national seed?

Are we bracketed in with Texas no matter what?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(SeniorFrog @ Jun 7 2010, 08:57 AM) [snapback]570131[/snapback]

Yes

2314@work

Contributor

If a national seed loses does their host site move to the next highest seed in their bracket? Or does it move to the next highest national seed?

Yes, and it is definitely wrong and just plain unfair.
Why don't those lazy NCAA (insert cuss word) reseed the field? Lazy arses.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(The Unnatural @ Jun 7 2010, 11:33 AM) [snapback]570292[/snapback]
Yeah, but if they all lose and we b eat Texas we will be a top 3 seed in Omaha!!

I would say if/when we beat Texas we will be the favorite in Omaha.
Texas has the hardest opponent of all the national seeds.
The way this is set up is not fair for them, either.
The NCAA baseball selection committee is lazy or stupid, neither of which is good.

sous vide

QUOTE(2314 @ Jun 7 2010, 01:14 PM) [snapback]570301[/snapback]
The NCAA baseball selection committee is lazy or stupid, neither of which is good.

Flounder grew up and got a job with the NCAA, I guess.
flounder_copy.jpg

PurplePutt

The rule is that the national seed that loses has to quit playing unless they are from a BCS football conference or they are the University of Texas. In the case of the BCS conference schools they get to keep playing but if they are the University of Texas they can also lose the Super Regional and still get an auto bid to the CWS because the are "The University of Texas."

desmith03

QUOTE(2314 @ Jun 7 2010, 11:44 AM) [snapback]570301[/snapback]

Very good point, I was hesitant to post it, but did think that Texas was hosed with their super-regional tie-in being Fort Worth. Granted, my purple glasses are nice and clean, but if I were in Austin, I'd be frustrated with the pairing.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jun 7 2010, 12:14 PM) [snapback]570339[/snapback]
Very good point, I was hesitant to post it, but did think that Texas was hosed with their super-regional tie-in being Fort Worth. Granted, my purple glasses are nice and clean, but if I were in Austin, I'd be frustrated with the pairing.

They weren't hosed on purpose. TCU is not getting the respect deserved or it would be a national seed.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Jun 7 2010, 05:27 PM) [snapback]570354[/snapback]
They weren't hosed on purpose. TCU is not getting the respect deserved or it would be a national seed.

The perception of the MWC doesn't help one bit, with that being said TCU is one of the top 8 baseball programs in the country in 2010 and it doesnt make one damn bit of sense that they are playing another Top 8 (probably top 3) program.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(tcuball3 @ Jun 7 2010, 12:32 PM) [snapback]570362[/snapback]
The perception of the MWC doesn't help one bit, with that being said TCU is one of the top 8 baseball programs in the country in 2010 and it doesnt make one damn bit of sense that they are playing another Top 8 (probably top 3) program.

The real argument here is why don't they reseed after the regionals? Are they just assuming all No. 1s will advance? Why can't people ever do the right things?