• The KillerFrogs

Stringing dates of the slide

ticketfrog123

And UT has been killing it since he got there, not

bookmarking this for the fall when we play Texas after CDC got to choose his coach and help assemble the staff.

he maneuvered hiring Sark in a quiet manner which seems quite difficult given all the insiders these days

denverfrog

bookmarking this for the fall when we play Texas after CDC got to choose his coach and help assemble the staff.

he maneuvered hiring Sark in a quiet manner which seems quite difficult given all the insiders these days
So, you are saying that CDC is the missing link at UT? If you say this every single year, sooner or later, you might be right....but, the problems at UT run deeper than one guy.

ticketfrog123

So, you are saying that CDC is the missing link at UT? If you say this every single year, sooner or later, you might be right....but, the problems at UT run deeper than one guy.

i think the improvements he’s made to the football staff in terms of coaching are on the right track. I don’t follow UT so can’t speak to the atmosphere and other issues surrounding the program / attendance, etc.

Brog

I know I will be flamed for this, but it's intriguing to look at the chronology...
Chris Del Conte announced his departure for UT March, 2018...
TCU football team lost two games to OU in four weeks in the 2017 season, the second game an embarrassing blowout....
2018 and 2019 football seasons were embarrassingly mediocre, including a horrifying loss to Kansas in 2018....
Jamey Dixon got to NIT 2017 and 2018, but did not get hired 2019 at UCLA and season results have tumbled since....
Jim Schlossnagel went to 4 straight CWS tournaments before not being hired in 2018....

Don't know a solution...
Mystified like many others as to why, almost on the proverbial dime, the three major sports have turned in to SWC 2.0-level....

2020 is just a wash out for all sports...we'll never know if there was any recovery (without all the non-conference games, football's 6-4 is no indication that the ship has righted itself)....

After 25 replies, Consider yourself flamed.

Realtorfrog

Might consider this thought process if AD’s had a role in coaching players..... AD’s raise money and shake hands...... I don’t see any of our facilities failing, actually improvements have continued. As far as attendance....this has been a crazy last year and looks like another couple of months to go. Yes winning increases attendance but we can’t base anything in this past year.

Paint It Purple

Dead on! It will be too late before anyone has the guts to pull the trigger before all that was gained from the sweat and tears poured into the athletic program are gone. An entity cannot be run without a leader. The foxes are running the hen house, and it is mystifying!
One suggested correction. The HENS are running the house. Donati and some Admins are weak

Real Frog

Might consider this thought process if AD’s had a role in coaching players..... AD’s raise money and shake hands...... I don’t see any of our facilities failing, actually improvements have continued. As far as attendance....this has been a crazy last year and looks like another couple of months to go. Yes winning increases attendance but we can’t base anything in this past year.
So when it is time to make a coaching change, whose job might that be?

Limp Lizard

I can recall only one really horrible effect by an AD, as far as ruining a fun winning program, That was the hostility and lack of support of Billy Tubbs by Hyman. From the beginning Billy and Hyman did not get along and Hyman gradually, through lack of support from money and facilities and a hostile environment poisoned our basketball. Then Hyman brought in his man and the program has not recovered. Hyman was needed early to put together a professional, well-run Athletic Department. Then he should have left.

Since then the AD's have done a good job of shaking hands and improving the facilities, although I admit anyone will look not so good when compared to CDC. Our ADs (including CDC) have not fired as many coaches and interfered with teams as much as people here want.

As far as Dixon goes, I too am disappointed. But this is a horrible year to judge his performance. Next year I could agree on a NCAA playoffs berth or goodbye Jamie.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Donati is in a terrible position, and some folks ought to realize that.

Cast your minds back to those heady days when Jaime Dixon was signed. Oh, the enthusiasm! Happy! Happy! Yet, there were curmudgeonly voices that warned of the potential impending tragedy of firing a beloved and notable Alumni. Sadly, that set of circumstances has come to pass, and Dixon is, if head not already on block, at least eyeing the scaffold.

Donati listens to a variety of voices on this matter, and these inform his decisions. I tend to think there are some Powerful and Influential Donors who have coughed up seven figures or more to build a palace for Dixon, who are very much questioning their continued support. I also tend to think that there is departmental inertia that would like to see Dixon hang around for "one more year." Of course, there are likely a vocal group that want him gone yesterday, and all the offices and locker rooms fumigated after he leaves. ADJD has plenty of eggs to juggle...

One thing about our AD: He plays his hand very, very close to the vest.

jake102

I think due to our terrible finances and COVID in general, Dixon certainly isn't going anywhere and will be back next year. I fully suspect the team to be our worst team since Dixon arrived and it will be obvious after the 2021/2022 season.

My hope is that Dixon hates it as much as we do and he accepts a smaller California school offer after this season ends.

ticketfrog123

I think due to our terrible finances and COVID in general, Dixon certainly isn't going anywhere and will be back next year. I fully suspect the team to be our worst team since Dixon arrived and it will be obvious after the 2021/2022 season.

My hope is that Dixon hates it as much as we do and he accepts a smaller California school offer after this season ends.

finances are terrible at most California schools except UCLA and USC, who are still hurting. I don’t think either are options and the other choices are a huge step down for him

Wexahu

Cast your minds back to those heady days when Jaime Dixon was signed. Oh, the enthusiasm! Happy! Happy! Yet, there were curmudgeonly voices that warned of the potential impending tragedy of firing a beloved and notable Alumni.

Honest question.....is he really that beloved? I know that usually comes down to winning, but has he endeared himself to the TCU fan base? I think this alum stuff is overrated anyway. I'd argue that TCU provided a nice lucrative landing spot for a coach that had worn out his welcome at his previous spot more than JD was anxious to return to TCU and the timing just worked out.

Froggish

1 or 2 years more of Dixon is irrelevant...There's a really good chance that he leaves the place worse than he found it and I couldn't have imagined that 3 years ago.