• The KillerFrogs

Strategy for OU tickets

froginmn

My daughter wants to do a campus visit and as fate would have it, the weekend that works best is OU weekend. Darn.

So I'll be in need of three game tickets. I'm wondering about my best strategy to get them.

I've reached out to friends and am waiting to hear if anyone has anything, but if that doesn't work out, what do you suggest?

• I understand single game tickets go on sale Saturday. Thoughts on what will be available and what I should try to get?
  • Ticket forum is another option
  • StubHub
  • Other options?

On another note, I'm looking for good hotel options. Doesn't need to be incredibly close to TCU but since we're visiting Friday am I want to be reasonably close.

Thanks in advance

TCUdirtbag

You need to jump on a hotel ASAP. They fill up quickly on big game weekends like OU. For a TCU visit weekend, I’d go downtown. The new Fairfield on Houston was tastefully redone and the Courtyard downtown is great if you don’t want to drop Hilton or Worthington type money.

You’ve nailed all your ticket options other than scalpers. Brace yourself because those will be the most expensive tickets of the year. I’d jump on some single game tickets when they go on sale and get in there for your daughter to see pre-game, kickoff etc. Even if you’re up on the west side upper deck. Wander down to the concourse behind the student section later so she can see all the goings on down there. South end zone would be a good value option too.

Last edited:

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Scalper after kickoff has occurred will likely be less than face value.
I did that the last time I went and got $75 tickets for $35 each 5 minutes after kickoff. I could have held out 15 minutes more and gotten a better deal.
Alternate method: roll a drunk OU fan...target rich environment.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
uGWzJ99.gif