• The KillerFrogs

Strange Things Are Afoot At Shaggy & Land Thieves

• Thread starter Ghost of Tobys Business College
  • Start date
G

Ghost of Tobys Business College

You guys heard about this insanity? Long story short, the aftermath of some lawsuit has caused ownership changes to Shaggy and Land Thieves. Land Thieves is claiming their just going to be shut down and everybody is jumping ship from Shaggy.

Shaggy's New Ownership

Land Thieves Implosion

Zubaz

I can't help but notice what Sunday is, though apparently the Shaggy stuff can be found in actual legal documents.

Shorty

I've been a part of a message board that was sold out from under 1 of the 2 owners by the other guy. Everyone just went to a new messageboard with a slightly different URL and it was like it never happened. There is no value in the URL of a message board and you can't own the posters. Sounds like some petty BS in the Shaggy case.

jack the frog

Lots of confusion but I think the biggest surprise might be that it at least appears that that the owner of Shaggy also owned LandThieves. Apparently as they plan to bring down the Shaggy servers for physical delivery to the lawsuit winner, they had to come clean and let everyone know that LandThieves will be killed at the same time.

Frog-in-law1995

giphy.gif

SnoSki

Lots of confusion but I think the biggest surprise might be that it at least appears that that the owner of Shaggy also owned LandThieves. Apparently as they plan to bring down the Shaggy servers for physical delivery to the lawsuit winner, they had to come clean and let everyone know that LandThieves will be killed at the same time.

That explains why they visually looked and behaved similarly.

Screw The eskimo hut for killing off a couple cool sites.

Now, on to delete all of my old posts from hasmsp...

researchfrog

Shaggy always owned Landthieves. It wasn’t a secret. They also owned a Bama board and an TAMU board. Years ago, I talked to Blacklab about a TCU board under the Shaggy banner, but I decided I didn’t want to moderate it.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Shaggy always owned Landthieves. It wasn’t a secret. They also owned a Bama board and an TAMU board. Years ago, I talked to Blacklab about a TCU board under the Shaggy banner, but I decided I didn’t want to moderate it.
So...everything in moderation, including moderation I guess.

Froglaw

So if I'm understanding this correctly, some rich dude got his feelings hurt and decided he'd just shut down a couple fan boards to spite one guy? Weird deal.

It happens.

Business relationships and marriages are similar in that the psychology of the parties involves egos.

I've seen husbands and wives spend tens of thousands to prove they were "right" all along over who was the better parent, provider, smarter, etc.

That's why I hated family law.

This sounds like a business divorce brought by the abuser who just wanted to grind the creator into dust.

Evidently it worked.

Life lesson: pay a lawyer to review all important contracts. Hint: All are important.

Life lesson two: Business agreements are only as honest as the parties shaking hands after the documents have been signed.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
It happens.

Business relationships and marriages are similar in that the psychology of the parties involves egos.

I've seen husbands and wives spend tens of thousands to prove they were "right" all along over who was the better parent, provider, smarter, etc.

That's why I hated family law.

This sounds like a business divorce brought by the abuser who just wanted to grind the creator into dust.

Evidently it worked.

Life lesson: pay a lawyer to review all important contracts. Hint: All are important.

Life lesson two: Business agreements are only as honest as the parties shaking hands after the documents have been signed.
I gaved it two heart attacks, five bypasses, and two stents...think I'll hang it up and go inactive this year, tho'.