• The KillerFrogs

Stop Staring at the Stupid Bat Label!!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It's Zen, man...

Concentrate on a spot. Breathe out all your tension. Empty yourself of emotions and doubts. Focus on the task at hand.

It's not a bad drill at all. Provided you can let all that tension go...

BrewingFrog

I do yoga and zen for weight loss. It doesn’t scheissing work.
I did yoga. I lost some weight, got a lot more toned up, and had a blast in the back of the class staring at all the girls in yoga gear.

Zen for weight loss wouldn't work for me, as it is a cleansing mental exercise to cook the perfect steak, potato, brace of asparagus, chocolate chess pie (dinner last night), etc. Haven't gotten there just yet, but I continue trying.

MadFrog

They scored enough to win last night. But, seems like every pitcher they send out there is scared to death and is afraid to throw strikes. Looks like the team that Schloss dreamed about is not the team he has to play on the field. The term over rated comes to mind. Gonzaga's guys did not stare at their bats. They went up there looking like they wanted to kill the ball. And they did.

flyfishingfrog

It's Zen, man...

Concentrate on a spot. Breathe out all your tension. Empty yourself of emotions and doubts. Focus on the task at hand.

It's not a bad drill at all. Provided you can let all that tension go...
So that would indicate the task at hand is hoping for a walk?

I admit I feel like out plate approach is the same thing I yelled at my boys about in little league - we act like we prefer to walk

Schloss free base analytics took a big hit last night

Connor W said it well (since I could hear him over our crowd) - their 7 more hits beats our 7 more walks every night

BrewingFrog

So that would indicate the task at hand is hoping for a walk?

I admit I feel like out plate approach is the same thing I yelled at my boys about in little league - we act like we prefer to walk

Schloss free base analytics took a big hit last night

Connor W said it well (since I could hear him over our crowd) - their 7 more hits beats our 7 more walks every night
Drawing a walk isn't a bad thing. If they're going to avoid/be unable to throwing strikes, then take your base. Walking guys tends to gnaw at the mental foundation of a pitcher, and overcompensation leads to mistakes out over the plate.

Where we are blatantly failing is in hitting those mistakes out to the soccer field. Or at the very least putting them in play. Being selective and patient at the plate is only effective if you have the bats to really make them pay.

Schloss isn't wrong. His strategems are season-long things. "Marathon, not a sprint" and all that. One cannot argue with his overall success over time, but it also makes for a lot of molar-grinding moments in-game.

Punter1

The problem is...as we have all said 100x...Chuck Smith isn't a starter.

We should have either moved up Russ...who should be the Friday guy anyway...or started Cam Brown, who started Wednesday.

Expecting Smith to have successful starts is ridiculous at this point...we've got a ton of potential starters. Smith is a reliever. Leave him there.

Hopefully when Ray gets back all this is a mute point...

Punter1

You wanna fix this mess? Stop this Karma crap. Just step up, tug on you’re nuts a few times, spit on the scheissing plate, and act like you wanna be there.

I agree...it seems and looks like a giant waste of time. Slows the game down bigtime as well. If I was an opposing pitcher and catcher I'd be pissed. Maybe that's the point...

flyfishingfrog

Drawing a walk isn't a bad thing. If they're going to avoid/be unable to throwing strikes, then take your base. Walking guys tends to gnaw at the mental foundation of a pitcher, and overcompensation leads to mistakes out over the plate.

Where we are blatantly failing is in hitting those mistakes out to the soccer field. Or at the very least putting them in play. Being selective and patient at the plate is only effective if you have the bats to really make them pay.

Schloss isn't wrong. His strategems are season-long things. "Marathon, not a sprint" and all that. One cannot argue with his overall success over time, but it also makes for a lot of molar-grinding moments in-game.
We pass up solid hitter pitches every at bat

if you turned down a hit so you could walk - it’s a bad walk

flyfishingfrog

The problem is...as we have all said 100x...Chuck Smith isn't a starter.

We should have either moved up Russ...who should be the Friday guy anyway...or started Cam Brown, who started Wednesday.

Expecting Smith to have successful starts is ridiculous at this point...we've got a ton of potential starters. Smith is a reliever. Leave him there.

Hopefully when Ray gets back all this is a mute point...
Who is chuck smith? Is that chuck king and big Russ’ spawn?