• The KillerFrogs

Startlegram take on day two

Limp Lizard

K-State grad transfer Alex Delton received the first reps and is the favorite, but he struggled at times with the deep ball.

Junior Mike Collins had the most consistent day, but also saw a pass intercepted by strong safety Innis Gaines during the one-on-one portion.

True freshman Max Duggan stood out the most during team drills, including a beautiful deep ball to sophomore receiver Derius Davis.
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article233510297.html

We don't need a QB who can't throw deep, IMO.

BigPurple87

Who doesnt get it by now. The will never start duggan first. They favor the older guys no matter if they are better or not. We will have to lose 4 games with delton before duggan starts. He will play but he wont start until the above happens.

Froggish

We all need to remember that at some point we are going to lean on 2 maybe 3 different QBs to get through the season. While I’m really interested in how they are all performing in practice, it’s really all meaningless until week 4 against Kansas.. That’s roughly 8 weeks away..That’s a long time for separation to happen.

Casey T

Who doesnt get it by now. The will never start duggan first. They favor the older guys no matter if they are better or not. We will have to lose 4 games with delton before duggan starts. He will play but he wont start until the above happens.

Alright coach, you obviously know more than all of us

BABYFACE

It is only two days of practice so far. Delton has been going against the one’s and Duggan is going against the backups. No doubt Duggan has the higher ceiling. Him and a healthy JR are the marquee QB’s.

Delton is senior and Collins a junior and both have D1 experience. That plays a part also. TCU is going to play the one of them gives the best opportunity to win. I am expecting that Delton, Collins and Duggan all see time in the opener. JR probably won’t see much action until he regains his lateral movement.

Froggish

This is your emotions talking..Unless you are on the field every day, I’ll assume you, like everyone else, don’t have enough info to know who the best guy is...And if S-Gram, 247, or Purple Menace is what your basing your opinion on then I would caution you. They have no more ability to assess to the skills of a QB then you or I. Proximity doesn’t make you an expert at much of anything

Froginbedford

We all need to remember that at some point we are going to lean on 2 maybe 3 different QBs to get through the season. While I’m really interested in how they are all performing in practice, it’s really all meaningless until week 4 against Kansas.. That’s roughly 8 weeks away..That’s a long time for separation to happen.

Week 4...Kansas...better have a quarterback capable of leading a last-possession drive to score in the last minute to win the game....Jus' sayin' based on the football history with KU.....

Eight

throwing the football in shorts and helmets with no real rush, no fear of getting hit in the mouth, and no defense scheming to stop you is nice. it is a great start point, but until things become a bit more like real 11 on 11 football any practice report should be taken with a boulder of salt

BigPurple87

This is your emotions talking..Unless you are on the field every day, I’ll assume you, like everyone else, don’t have enough info to know who the best guy is...And if S-Gram, 247, or Purple Menace is what your basing your opinion on then I would caution you. They have no more ability to assess to the skills of a QB then you or I. Proximity doesn’t make you an expert at much of anything

I'm not saying someone is th best QB, I'm just saying even if duggan is better it wont matter come game one, he would have to be worlds better to start

Froggish

I'm not saying someone is th best QB, I'm just saying even if duggan is better it wont matter come game one, he would have to be worlds better to start

I’ll agree with you there. I’d put money down that barring injury Delton will start game 1 and get about 4 possessions before turning it over to MC/JR/Duggy. Cumbie will want to see roughly 4 possessions from all his top 4.

CountryFrog

He’s been here since January. Reports of his talent and maturity aren’t just over the past two days.
And everything that happened from January up to August is even LESS important than what's happened through the first 2 days of fall camp. So my point stands.

Not to mention you're basing all of this on "reporting" and don't have any actual facts on the situation. None of us on here actually know anything about any of these QBs other than Collins. And we still know very little about him.