• The KillerFrogs

Startlegram RBI (really bad idea)

Billy Clyde

I honestly wish the Dallas News would just buy them out. I might actually find a reason to subscribe again. Since we all really are now one giant metro area, seems like it would make sense. Anyone in the business know if that's a possibility?

I honestly wish the Dallas News would just buy them out. I might actually find a reason to subscribe again. Since we all really are now one giant metro area, seems like it would make sense. Anyone in the business know if that's a possibility?
Will never happen

Limp Lizard

If you think about it...what does this kind of poll accomplish? Like similar polls on this forum in the "who will start" vein. Just bragging rights if you get it right, I guess. What we think will have no bearing on who is chosen. Even if the starter goes 1-4 with 2 TD's and 12 INT's, all the polls and squawking here won't change what the coaches do. The 1-4 record, etc. will affect their decisions, though.

If you think about it...what does this kind of poll accomplish? Like similar polls on this forum in the "who will start" vein. Just bragging rights if you get it right, I guess. What we think will have no bearing on who is chosen. Even if the starter goes 1-4 with 2 TD's and 12 INT's, all the polls and squawking here won't change what the coaches do. The 1-4 record, etc. will affect their decisions, though.
Is that Marv Levy or Pat Paulson in your avatar?

Pat Paulson. He is the source of the "Limp Lizard" name I use. During his "campaigning for President" tour, he stopped at TCU for a performance in Ed Landreth. He put on a Freshman beanie and someone in the audience yelled "You horny toad", to which he replied "No, just a limp lizard"!
LOL! Great story. I knew it was PP but was hoping for an explanation like you gave. I think I may be the only person that has ever said Paulson and Levy were twins separated at birth. I first became a Paulson fan on the Gong Show but then saw his presidential campaign stand up. Great stuff and I really enjoy his dry wit. I later discovered he was a regular on the Smothers brother show, a show I watched as a child but don't remember Paulson (but do remember Goldie Hawn - wowie wowie 19yo and smoking hot when on that show).