• The KillerFrogs

Stars vs. Blues - Stanley Cup Playoffs Series Thread

ATC Frog

I get sucked in by Stars playoff hockey. It’s so much fun to watch, but I’ve yet to be able to get into regular season play. I guess it’s far enough down the priority list it gets left out, but dammit this playoff hockey is fun to watch.

The regular season suffers from the same ailment that basketball and baseball do: too many games that dilute the importance of each one.

The Stanley Cup Playoffs increase the energy level of the teams/players and the crowds exponentially though and it makes for really exciting TV.

Purp

Stars win 4-2! Hintz sealed the deal with an empty net goal with 3 sec remaining.

Was a crazy finish with the Blues having a PP and pulling their goalie for most of the last 2 minutes, but the good guys prevailed.
The Stars' penalty kill has been nails lately. 21 of 22 in the playoffs is bonkers. Better than the late 90s Stars PKs back when the game was defense oriented. The only PP goal they've given up in the playoffs probably shouldn't have even happened bc it was a very dubious penalty call. Really impressed with that group.

The Stars' penalty kill has been nails lately. 21 of 22 in the playoffs is bonkers. Better than the late 90s Stars PKs back when the game was defense oriented. The only PP goal they've given up in the playoffs probably shouldn't have even happened bc it was a very dubious penalty call. Really impressed with that group.
That is insane...Go Stars!

Volare

Not sure how that wasn't hit with a high stick. It was so high that he hit the Stars player in the face. Atrocious officiating continues.

ATC Frog

Not sure how that wasn't hit with a high stick. It was so high that he hit the Stars player in the face. Atrocious officiating continues.

Nah. It was deflected before his stick got above the crossbar. Although at first look, I though it was a high stick as well.

Volare

Nah. It was deflected before his stick got above the crossbar. Although at first look, I though it was a high stick as well.

Yeah that replay before 1st intermission was best view I saw of it. No high stick of the puck, but definitely a high stick to Fedun's face!

ATC Frog

Blues look like the better, more hungry team tonight. Stars powerplay looks absolutely toothless as they mustered a whopping ZERO shots on their last 2 opportunities.

Stars trail 1-2 at the 2nd intermission.

Purp

The Stars do look a little flat tonight. That said, they've generated a lot of great chances. The top line really needs to get going. Benn needs to go out like wrecking ball to start the 3rd. A couple shifts of destroying guys into the boards will set the tone we need.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The Stars do look a little flat tonight. That said, they've generated a lot of great chances. The top line really needs to get going. Benn needs to go out like wrecking ball to start the 3rd. A couple shifts of destroying guys into the boards will set the tone we need.
Feels like they are being out hustled and out played. Stars need some energy like a big hit or big save by Bishop.