• The KillerFrogs

Star Telegram to stop Saturday delivery service

Brog

Wow! Isn't it interesting that I read the news about the Startlegram stopping Saturday delivery service in the Dallas Morning News, but nothing on the Star Telegeram's web page about this new development. I used to look forward to the Saturday morning paper as I could drink coffee and look at how all the high schools I have had some connection with did in their Friday night games. Now not available until Sunday morning, so guess eliminating Saturday's paper is easier to bear. (But no home delivery at all for me. Can't afford $400 for so little.)

I do not get the novelty of newspapers in this era. By the time you read it a significant amount of the core information is no longer material—or worse—entirely different or inaccurate.

If you have a phone, tablet or computer with Internet access why purchase a paper? Perhaps it’s just a generational difference.

Wexahu

I do not get the novelty of newspapers in this era. By the time you read it a significant amount of the core information is no longer material—or worse—entirely different or inaccurate.

If you have a phone, tablet or computer with Internet access why purchase a paper? Perhaps it’s just a generational difference.

That's exactly what it is. I'd much rather read from an actual paper or magazine. No different than books. I don't know, it's just so much more comfortable reading from the real thing. I'm just old I guess.

Careful. No references to “olds” or it will kick off

Brog

Maybe it is just generational, but when I'm sitting eating bacon and eggs for breakfast,, I love to have a newspaper there to read. Yes, I have an iPhone and an iPad , but I can't wipe my greasy fingers on them.

UltimateFrog

That's exactly what it is. I'd much rather read from an actual paper or magazine. No different than books. I don't know, it's just so much more comfortable reading from the real thing. I'm just old I guess.

Definitely didn’t think you were an old. No wonder you love a blue blood and can’t understand the 2014 playoff debacle. Geez

BedfordFrog68

I'm old...I want to write on the daily crossword puzzle....My prorated daily bill is $41.....I'll deduct that from the next 13-week subscription renewal....

Last edited:

AroundWorldFrog

Maybe it is just generational, but when I'm sitting eating bacon and eggs for breakfast,, I love to have a newspaper there to read. Yes, I have an iPhone and an iPad , but I can't wipe my greasy fingers on them.
Or put them up in front of your face so you don't have to look at the wife?

I don't really care about reading physical paper but the two things I do miss from the paper is the local news because there used to be a significant portion of the newspaper that at least allowed me to find out whenever I was inclined to do so what was going on around Fort Worth in a centralized location and the car adds which were useful in negotiating among dealers. Other than that, as was pointed out above, it just seems like everything else is something I already know because I saw it online the day before.