• The KillerFrogs

Stadium Operations

Big Frog II

I didn't matter who was or who has been President. SMU runs a crappy game day operation. They knew it was going to be beastly hot. They knew they had sold all of the tickets. Yet, they were totally unprepared for everything. They belong in the AAC for a reason, and that's where they need to stay. Building that new facility in the end zone will be lipstick on a pig.

PurpleBlood87

The long lines to get in the stadium were because everybody waited until kickoff to go in the stadium. We walked past more people headed to the Boulevard then there were going to the stadium. We walked in about 45 minutes to kickoff and there were no lines at all. Breezed right thru.

You're 100 percent right on everything else. Got up to go get water when smu called timeout with 4 seconds left in the first half and missed the first 8 minutes of the 3rd quarter. And yea, they were hot.
Walked in 15 minutes before kickoff and had no trouble. Had to wait a few seconds because the guy in front of me couldn't find his ticket on his phone.

westoverhillbilly

I was told that our days of playing in Dallas are over from someone in our Athletic Department and I hope he's true to his word.. Someone seated near us waited from near the end of the first quarter until the very end of halftime to buy water on a brutal day. What a mickey mouse operation.

ECM

I was told that our days of playing in Dallas are over from someone in our Athletic Department and I hope he's true to his word.. Someone seated near us waited from near the end of the first quarter until the very end of halftime to buy water on a brutal day. What a mickey mouse operation.
It was no different in Fort Worth last year.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Probably time to move the game to Jerry's Place...
Playing an annual P5 September non conference game in place of this game in air conditioned Jerry’s world would be awesome. Only if we can still be assured 6-7 home games at the Carter though. Cancel the SMU series!

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
They built a Mikey Mouse high school stadium with zero shaded seats in Texas.
They fill it with people once every 20 years.
I didn't expect them to be up to the challenge. They didn't disappoint.
The thing I laughed about was the students having to stand / sit on grass in the end zone. Daddy's paying top dollar for them to do that.

At least we didn't have to listen to "Don't stop Bo Levi - ing"

Last edited:

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I didn't matter who was or who has been President. SMU runs a crappy game day operation. They knew it was going to be beastly hot. They knew they had sold all of the tickets. Yet, they were totally unprepared for everything. They belong in the AAC for a reason, and that's where they need to stay. Building that new facility in the end zone will be lipstick on a pig.
It’s been crappy since George H W Bush to my certain knowledge

ReedFrawg

I recall waiting about three drives to get a beer last year. It was a total cluster. Blame Biden - no one wants to work

Maybe but this has been a problem for many years now. Concession lines, not enough water, parking is brutal, lines to get into the stadium, problems with ticket office. It starts at the top down to make sure everything runs like it should.

I’ve never waited more than 5 minutes for a drink/beer at any home game.