• The KillerFrogs

Stack: How Ben Banogu Went From Playing Quarterback to Terrorizing Them

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Stack: How Ben Banogu Went From Playing Quarterback to Terrorizing Them

Ben Banogu knows how disastrous a quarterback sack is to an offense.

How the best-laid plans can go up in flames in an instant, how one big hit can slice the head off the snake and send shockwaves through the entire unit. Of all the defensive prospects in this year's NFL Draft, Banogu may have the most appreciation for how harassing the quarterback changes the complexion of a game. Because for several years, he was one.

"I always wanted to be the next Michael Vick or the next Tom Brady," Banogu says. "I was a good quarterback, but I wasn't the best quarterback out there. So being able to sack the quarterback gave me a sense of fulfillment."

Read more at https://www.stack.com/a/how-ben-banogu-went-from-playing-quarterback-to-terrorizing-them

Limp Lizard

Again, when looking at low-rated HS players to switch to another position, look at QB first. At least in smaller schools, QB's are usually the most athletic kid in the program, and often one of the smartest.

I had not read the full story of why he only went to a lower-rated program. Broken femur...that is bad stuff...I saw one in eighth grade football.

Also, I like that combo dead-lift/squat device he works out with in the video. Good whole-body thing, it looks like.

Last edited: