• The KillerFrogs

Spring scrimmage

Zammers

Brief rundown. We looked a bit rusty, but that's to be expected. Jurell Thompson looks like he's going to be a good one. Dwight Smith had one really nice run. Hate to break it to you though but he went down on a cut back a few carries later and it didn't look good. I have other details, but won't be airing that here on the board. He left on crutches though. I will say this...he's not 218...he's 232. That is from his mouth. Who stepped it up from there....Aundre Dean! They let him carry the load for the better part of the day. He must have had 15 carries.

Broughton is a monster but we knew that. Maponga has really nice size and was bigger than I expected.

Ok I started the thread so those of you who were also there can run with it from here. I'll add more later when it marinates for a bit.

curt3301

Hate to see Smith go down, but the silver lining (if there ever is one to a guy getting hurt) is that we have an ample number of running backs that look pretty good. Wish we could have seen more of Waymond James. Dean looked like a beast!! He runs a bit upright and i know at times he was running over and past the third string defense but he looked equally as impressive against the starters.

Trelvis

QUOTE(McFroggin @ Apr 10 2010, 08:37 PM) [snapback]542912[/snapback]
Smith went down!? You've got to be kidding.

Yup. Had to have some assistance getting to the sideline and never returned to the game.

I thought Dalton looked really good.

curt3301

He never took his pads off and he didn't seem to be in agony or anything, so im hoping its just a sprain but who knows. The docs looked at him on the sidelines i tried to read there lips but i couldn't tell what they were saying.

Limp Lizard

Outside of Smith's injury my only big downside was the way all our QBs tended to underthrow the deep passes...and it seemed like we ran a lot of them. Pachall did throw a real beauty early which resulted in a long touchdown...hit the receiver deep downfield slanting over the middle..very nice indeed.

One thing that stood out to me and someone I was sitting with was the pace of the scrimmage...very quick pace...they ran a lot of plays todays.

Broughton made a couple of big plays, totally whipping the tackles...in one case got a sack by pushing the tackle back into Dalton.

About Smith...very gimpy at the end of the scrimmage, but no ice pack I could see on a knee, so maybe just an ankle. Hopefully not the dreaded high ankle sprain.

Young and Horned

He pushed the tackle back into Yogi, not Dalton. Not sure why the #15 QB was even getting reps. Great you walked on and all, but leave the PT to the big boys.

Trelvis

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Apr 10 2010, 09:00 PM) [snapback]542922[/snapback]
Wasn't the scrimmage scheduled for 1 p.m.? Just wondering what time it actually started?

It started about 10 minutes early I think. I was was walking in around 12:50 and they had just started.

bullfrog69

about smith, you just never know. i banged the living crap out of my knee today on a door frame. its swollen as [Deleted] and hurts really bad but it will be fine in a week.

Shooter

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Apr 10 2010, 04:01 PM) [snapback]542923[/snapback]
He pushed the tackle back into Yogi, not Dalton. Not sure why the #15 QB was even getting reps. Great you walked on and all, but leave the PT to the big boys.

Knowing GP #15 more than likely earned it. :biggrin:

Shaboozie

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Apr 10 2010, 04:01 PM) [snapback]542923[/snapback]

He's not a walk on -- and looks like he got #2 PT ...would you then consider him a "big boy"

bullfrog69

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Apr 10 2010, 04:13 PM) [snapback]542931[/snapback]
Anyone concerned with Ross Evans? He missed 2 FG's that I can recall.

wasn't it windy out there today?