• The KillerFrogs

Sporting News: College Football Playoff and bowl projections

texas_sicilian

A little Quiz...What team could go 10-4, Loose 15 starters, and be picked to actually be better the next year....Yah the Whorns...

Ludicrous the amount of love they get from the dumbass media..
What part of "they're back" do you not understand? To hell with facts or logic.

tcumaniac

A little Quiz...What team could go 10-4, Loose 15 starters, and be picked to actually be better the next year....Yah the Whorns...

Ludicrous the amount of love they get from the dumbass media..
No point can be valid if you don’t spell “lose” correctly.

But otherwise, I would agree.

jake102

I certainly don't have them in the playoff (or winning the Big 12), but I do think there's significant value in having an elite QB, regardless of what's around them. I'm not sure Ehlinger is quite elite, but I'm thinking between Ehlinger and Johnson, they could form a pretty tough duo to stop.

Froggish

I certainly don't have them in the playoff (or winning the Big 12), but I do think there's significant value in having an elite QB, regardless of what's around them. I'm not sure Ehlinger is quite elite, but I'm thinking between Ehlinger and Johnson, they could form a pretty tough duo to stop.

Ehlinger appears to be a tough kid with good leadership ability but he doesn’t strike me as being dynamic enough to put a team on his back. They won on defense and ball control last year. They loose 8 off that defense along with 3 OL. As I’ve said all along..If they can duplicate last years success loosing 14-15 starters, then Mensa is a better coach then anyone around here wants to give him credit for...Even with a stock pile of talent he will very young on experience. Even though younger players are contributing more to CFB then ever...Seasons are largely dictated by experience at QB, OL, and defensive front 7..Outside of Ehlinger, they don’t check of any of the other two boxes...Will be interesting to see what happens..

Eight

Ehlinger appears to be a tough kid with good leadership ability but he doesn’t strike me as being dynamic enough to put a team on his back. They won on defense and ball control last year. They loose 8 off that defense along with 3 OL. As I’ve said all along..If they can duplicate last years success loosing 14-15 starters, then Mensa is a better coach then anyone around here wants to give him credit for...Even with a stock pile of talent he will very young on experience. Even though younger players are contributing more to CFB then ever...Seasons are largely dictated by experience at QB, OL, and defensive front 7..Outside of Ehlinger, they don’t check of any of the other two boxes...Will be interesting to see what happens..

texas will return their 3 best offensive linemen and the challenge will be to replace the other two. if they can do that they have some weapons.

ingrahm is a solid back and the whittington kid from cuero gives them speed they have not had out of the backfield in quite some time. they lost lil'jordan, but return johnson and burt. big question will be if bru mccoy is eligible this year and i thought they signed a wide receiver out of az who was highly regarded as well.

sam has improved and in the second half avoided mistakes. the big question on him for me is will they continue to feature him prominently in the run game.

key defensively will be the linebackers. if they can pick up the scheme quickly they had a load of athletic talent. if they can't, things will be tough. for them on defense.

Eight

LSU will easily beat them. TCU should have beat them last year if the TCU QB could have thrown a ball that would hit wide open WR at the goal line.

game is at night in austin so not sure on the easily beat. tigers do return most of their offensive line and will always have a running back. question is will they let burrow attack down the field with that great group of receivers.

don't recall what lsu's returns defensively but they always have talent.

MTfrog5

game is at night in austin so not sure on the easily beat. tigers do return most of their offensive line and will always have a running back. question is will they let burrow attack down the field with that great group of receivers.

don't recall what lsu's returns defensively but they always have talent.
Like you said in earlier post. LSU will run all over them if the LB haven’t caught up with their assignments. Being early in the year, I’d definitely give the advantage to LSU. Texas at night won’t be an issue for LSU imo.