• The KillerFrogs

Speculating....

Since Dykes' forte is that of an offensive mentor who is he most likely

to select as his choice at QB....Duggan, Morris or the transfer portal?

Salfrog

Tier 1
Move Duggan to RB since we will need more depth there. He was a RB in high school until his dad moved him to QB. Unless of course we bring in a RB from the portal which is more likely.

Limp Lizard

Depends what he and Riley see in Spring Training and Fall Camp. Could very well bring in at least one QB through the portal, as well as recruit one.

Duggan has a strong arm, just inaccurate...matter of fact he seemed more accurate early in his career.

CardFrog

I know we didn't get to see a lot from Chandler but assuming we are going to throw the ball he sure seemed like he could handle that as well as run when needed. Regardless of who it is we can not be quasi one dimensional (which in my opinion is what we were) and then expect to win.

Mean Purple

Depends what he and Riley see in Spring Training and Fall Camp. Could very well bring in at least one QB through the portal, as well as recruit one.

Duggan has a strong arm, just inaccurate...matter of fact he seemed more accurate early in his career.
If Dykes can get that part fixed, or at least improved, my guess is he could go with Max because it makes him a huge dual threat.

TRF51

If Dykes can get that part fixed, or at least improved, my guess is he could go with Max because it makes him a huge dual threat.

To me Morris looked quicker. Max is the more physical runner and might have better top end speed, but Morris is quicker, more accurate, and probably reads the defense quicker and better. Accuracy is king when it comes to the QB which is why I think Morris might get the nod. The freshman QB looked really fast though when he came in.

grt

To me Morris looked quicker. Max is the more physical runner and might have better top end speed, but Morris is quicker, more accurate, and probably reads the defense quicker and better. Accuracy is king when it comes to the QB which is why I think Morris might get the nod. The freshman QB looked really fast though when he came in.
Wrong! Before Max hurt his foot he looked pretty fast. The year before he would pull away from the secondary for long gains and a lot of the time would take it to the house. Max should be the starter even though Chandler looked pretty good. Chandler will get his time.

ECM

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tanner Mordecai in the portal. Lashlee recruited Preston Stone out of HS and will probably be the guy going forward on the Hilltop

TRF51

Wrong! Before Max hurt his foot he looked pretty fast. The year before he would pull away from the secondary for long gains and a lot of the time would take it to the house. Max should be the starter even though Chandler looked pretty good. Chandler will get his time.

You are wrong, Max has long speed with his long strides, Morris has much more quickness, might not have the top end speed and he is the more accurate QB and he is only a freshman. Max is a strong runner, has a strong arm, great leader but he will never put up numbers like the QB did at SMU this year, he is not that kind of player. Morris is.

Latest posts