• The KillerFrogs

Special Teams Coach

MTfrog5

Anything is better than what we have now! My SEC friends are laughing their $%#@% off right now. The game started out well, but has not gotten to be "a college team vs. a high school team," to quote someone sitting near me.
WVU would beat anyone in the SEC outside of Bama. Hot sports opinion but I think we could beat half of the SEC just because we wouldn't have to worry about scoring with anyone.

Big Frog II

If we don't have a Turpin or Kerley or an Oberkrom to bail us out our special team play stinks. I have been saying this for years that we need a wiz band special teams coach. It is too big a part of the game to blow it off.

No, there is not a dedicated ST coach. Instead, we have two coaches each for the receivers and defensive line so that we can "find a spot" for a couple of long-time coaches. Probably works out well for them personally but I can't imagine it is the best allocation of resources if the goal is to actually provide the most effective coaching for every aspect of the game.

Big Frog II

No, there is not a dedicated ST coach. Instead, we have two coaches each for the receivers and defensive line so that we can "find a spot" for a couple of long-time coaches. Probably works out well for them personally but I can't imagine it is the best allocation of resources if the goal is to actually provide the most effective coaching for every aspect of the game.
It's time some of those coaches retire.

CountryFrog

Anything is better than what we have now! My SEC friends are laughing their $%#@% off right now. The game started out well, but has not gotten to be "a college team vs. a high school team," to quote someone sitting near me.
Your SEC friends? You say that as if it's supposed to mean something. Are SEC friends better than PAC 12 friends? What about Sun Belt friends? Where are they in the rankings?

Purple Hearted

"We need to hire someone that has a clue". That anybody seriously commenting on football believes that the men coaching these guys don't have a clue indicates that they themselves don't have a clue.

"It's not about the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmie's and Joe's". I have no idea who coined that phrase, but it's apt, and it will always be so. We're young-inexperienced, beat up to hell and back and scotch taping things together with the best that we've got right now. Those young guys will get better, just like all of us do the older we get. Our X's and O's are fine, our Jimmie's and Joe's aren't there yet, but they'll get there.

Pharm Frog

"We need to hire someone that has a clue". That anybody seriously commenting on football believes that the men coaching these guys don't have a clue indicates that they themselves don't have a clue.

"It's not about the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmie's and Joe's". I have no idea who coined that phrase, but it's apt, and it will always be so. We're young-inexperienced, beat up to hell and back and scotch taping things together with the best that we've got right now. Those young guys will get better, just like all of us do the older we get. Our X's and O's are fine, our Jimmie's and Joe's aren't there yet, but they'll get there.

Posting with your purple heart instead of your purple mind IMO. We have severe coaching issues along with issues with Jimmies and Joes.