• The KillerFrogs

Southern Miss to the Sun Belt?!

Frozen Frog

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...hern-miss-join-sun-belt-conference-early-2023

How must Conference USA feel that a school just left for the Sun Belt? I am sure many of us remember Southern Miss as a thorn in our side with some great games. I was shocked when the school forced Jeff Bower out. I always thought he was a great coach. It's amazing how a school can go from being a highly respected mid-major to .500 FBS program that is ignored.

I sort of feel bad for Louisiana Tech and UTEP. It looks like they could be left behind in this latest round with almost no options.

netty2424

After the game on espnu tonight, the announcer made a comment stating realignment will end up happening every three years. Found that interesting.

Frozen Frog

After the game on espnu tonight, the announcer made a comment stating realignment will end up happening every three years. Found that interesting.

I think there needs to be some major realignment below the P4/5. Some of these conferences are just too big for their own good. Why are teams flying to an airport to catch a 2-3 hour bus ride to a game just so they might get a few extra eyeballs when they could take 4-5 hour bus trip? That drives me nuts. I am still nostalgic for the old SWC. I think today that conference could be something that would compete with the SEC. That is especially true if they had kept Arkansas and added the Oklahoma schools. Certain conference games feel worthless, but if they were non-conference games they would be interesting. In some ways due to the chaos this has been one of the best college football seasons, but there are a ton of Saturdays it feels like there isn't a great game to watch.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...hern-miss-join-sun-belt-conference-early-2023

How must Conference USA feel that a school just left for the Sun Belt? I am sure many of us remember Southern Miss as a thorn in our side with some great games. I was shocked when the school forced Jeff Bower out. I always thought he was a great coach. It's amazing how a school can go from being a highly respected mid-major to .500 FBS program that is ignored.

I sort of feel bad for Louisiana Tech and UTEP. It looks like they could be left behind in this latest round with almost no options.

UTEP is waiting on a mountain west invite that isn't coming.