• The KillerFrogs

Sounds of Fall

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I’ll respect the rules & chivalry of the board and not Like my own post.
However, I’m glad to see/hear the drum line has incorporated the the IronMan steel hammer on the anvil sound.
Director Nick Fury would no doubt give an assuring nod of assent.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
giphy.gif

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I’ll respect the rules & chivalry of the board and not Like my own post.
However, I’m glad to see/hear the drum line has incorporated the the IronMan steel hammer on the anvil sound.
Director Nick Fury would no doubt give an assuring nod of assent.
Umm.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
In a somewhat related, yet totally different vein, the new Chancellor (or whatever they call him) at UT has said that he wants "The Eyes of Texas" removed from the UT musical world. Claims it is racist. And no, I am not making this up. Maybe they'll get right on it after they change the name of Austin.

Double V

In a somewhat related, yet totally different vein, the new Chancellor (or whatever they call him) at UT has said that he wants "The Eyes of Texas" removed from the UT musical world. Claims it is racist. And no, I am not making this up. Maybe they'll get right on it after they change the name of Austin.
They can just change it to "I've been working on the railroad" instead. Oh, wait...

Surfrog

I miss hearing the band during the game. And that's not just at TCU. The ads have taken over. Jumbotron has taken over. Sure I'll be ripped for that opinion.

Love that video above. Thanks TxFrog.

Honestly - it seems to be a certain school problem.
USC, Michigan, ND, etc all have tiny jumbotrons and loud [booty] bands.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I have no idea what this means.
I played cymbals for one year. I played drums for three, plus was in the symphonic band percussion section. So what's your point?
My point is, whatever they are doing in that video sounds unremarkable.

It was an unremarkable warmup exercise.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Everything is racist to those clowns.

Tumbleweed

I assume OSU will bring its band. For years the Ohio State band has been noted as the best college marching band band in the country.
Four-five years ago, the OS drum major was from Plano. (How any individual can lean that far back and still maintain balance is something.) Don't know how many they march but when they have tryouts, usually 800/850 students show up. You'll enjoy them if you stick around for a bit.

I saw TCU scare the living be-jesus out of OSU. I swear, I thought Woody Hayes was absolutely going to kill a number of his players. Violently grab them, shake them so hard their hats almost came off. But that was Woody.

Tumbleweed

Ol' Red, Hal Jay and bunch talked about the name change for Austin. Asked for suggestions on what to rename Austin. One guy called in with the greatest of all time and suggested it be renamed..... East Burkley.