• The KillerFrogs

Sounds like Wells is out at Tech….

YA

We're looking at 1-3, and I'm not real sure about the 1. Four big hammer blows to an already reeling situation, like torpedo strikes on an already burning ship.

If we blow the Kansas game, at home, on Senior Day, I believe TPTB will be ready to call for the hook.
lol

The TCU Football Jerk

you realize kliff has had more nfl success already than saban as a head coach in the nfl.

you can't pull the mind game bull [ #2020 ] on nfl players that saban does on his players at alabama. why do you think the jags are already tired of urban's crap.

kingsbury only has to draw up plays, doesn't recruit, no parents, their gm handles agents etc...... and he is in a great city.

My point was just to prove that they are two sides to the same coin. Some people would love coaching in the nfl, just as there are others who love what the college game requires. Tell me you don't think that every college coach wants to coach in the nfl.

CM Frog

4 year trend is horrific. At this point in the season we've actually reached 1980s football. You know the ncaa sanctions 80s football. Patience for what? Patience for the type of changes we've seen absolutely no sign of our coach being able to do? Wait for what to happen exactly? All everybody that says we should let Patterson stay can't offer up anything more than a wing and a prayer. Big changes coming to the B12 and college football in a couple of years. TCU isn't going to be going back to mwc type of tv money again. Hoping this gets better is not a plan.
Tcu will be in the Big 12 in any re-alignment. Our over-all sports, facilities and strength of school makes us a no brainer. Not sure why anyone is worried about that

Pharm Frog

My point was just to prove that they are two sides to the same coin. Some people would love coaching in the nfl, just as there are others who love what the college game requires. Tell me you don't think that every college coach wants to coach in the nfl.

I know for an absolute fact that not every college football coach wants to coach in the NFL. In fact, I know that not every college football coach wants to coach at D1 college. This I know for a fact.

ECM

I went to USAF UPT at Reese, when I left the B52H to go to be a T38 IP the personnel folks asked me if I wanted to go back to Lubbock, NFW and I went to Columbus Ms and if I had to do it again, would do the same!

That said, if Dykes get offered TT, I bet he is all over it. It is the job open right now!
I could be wrong, but I think Sonny holds out for a better job; we are supposedly putting together a big raise/extension for him and he‘s got a loaded roster coming back next year.

Dennis Dodds of CBS said this offseason that he was Del Conte’s top choice to replace Herman at Texas and got overruled. Tech is a tough job

TCUdirtbag

Pretty connected to the program….see Kirby when he is here or we are out there….
Doesn’t make your perspective of the reality out there any more accurate.

Kirby is a great guy, is extremely likable, has done a lot of good at Tech (namely in fundraising, facilities, and locking in baseball), and he has amassed a ton of internal respect and goodwill, but in the business he’s in things like losing Beard, the WBB mess, and the total whiff on Wells really start to add up when the wins don’t. Add in pissing off some mega donors last time around plus some political and regents changes and you’ve got him neutered in the current search for a coach that will almost surely determine his own fate at Tech.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
GP is either retiring early or he will finish out his K. He isn’t getting fired.
The scenario I painted was an 0-4 finish. This includes a loss to lowly Kansas in ACS for our final game this season. Were I to cast a bet, it would be on retiring early before the axe fell. The amount of shock, unease, and anger is bad enough right now. How much gasoline will have been poured on the fire with another four weeks of devastating losses?

And, I don't think it's funny in the least. I like GMFP. It breaks my heart that he has fallen apart like this, and the team has done a slow collapse around him. We have been in a slow dive for four years, and it's getting steeper every week. The hard, cold Earth is waiting below.

TCUdirtbag

I could be wrong, but I think Sonny holds out for a better job; we are supposedly putting together a big raise/extension for him and he‘s got a loaded roster coming back next year.

Dennis Dodds of CBS said this offseason that he was Del Conte’s top choice to replace Herman at Texas and got overruled. Tech is a tough job

Tech is a tough job, but it is objectively better than the SMU job. Especially for a Dykes. If Tech offers, he gone.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

There's some deranged Oil Tycoons up in Lubbock with an inexhaustible checkbook. I know SMU has some BigFooted Alumni, but can they top the New Oil?