• The KillerFrogs

Sounds like Wells is out at Tech….

Eight

This is too easy…. Anyone else want to provide the response?

hmmm......so we are thinking a tech "red" raider themed response......

oqjq7rzua6g71.jpg

CountryFrog

If one follows the money, I just don't see any of our significant donors working to push Gary out now and offering to write a check to negotiate him out of his contract.. I think he's ours for at least another year and I believe we all hope he pulls a miracle, but few are holding their breath..
This just doesn't make sense. Why are the big money folks cool with losing lots of games every year?

And I'm not insinuating that you're incorrect as I know you're not the only one who has said this. I'm just massively confused by it. The people with the money don't seem to know anything football if this is how they feel.

TCUdirtbag

Tech buddy says they don’t want Dykes. I told him they’re idiots. Who knows?

Dykes is seen as wanting it too bad. They’ll kick the tires on a bunch of guys. But I think Dykes is still the likeliest hire.

At the end of the day, Cody Campbell (Double Eagle billionaire) and Dusty Womble (their biggest athletics donor), both Regents, will pick the new Coach. They’ve shoved the AD to the side, and if he doesn’t do what they want this time, there’s a decent chance the AD and President get canned and replaced, too.

NewFrogFan

I miss winning by 1.
His skeletons aint all people chalked it up to be. His firing at LSU is about wins and losses. Period. They have little bro issues. So do we, just they go and do something about it.
EO extra curricular activity off the field absolutely had alot to do with his dismissal, especially when “it” showed up to practice.

Realtorfrog

The Tech AD isn’t going anywhere! He’s loved out there, engaged in the community and has several home run hires! Yes in lesser sports but he’s aggressively trying to change that.

TCUdirtbag

The Tech AD isn’t going anywhere! He’s loved out there, engaged in the community and has several home run hires! Yes in lesser sports but he’s aggressively trying to change that.

What alternative reality are you in? He’s been on the hot seat since he hired Wells, had a WBB scandal, and lost Beard. Unfortunately, his wealthiest donor/alum/regent wants him out. His continued employment at Tech depends on this hire (though to a significant degree he may continue to be protected by a popular president that likes him).

Fosterpark Squatter

What alternative reality are you in? He’s been on the hot seat since he hired Wells, had a WBB scandal, and lost Beard. Unfortunately, his wealthiest donor/alum/regent wants him out. His continued employment at Tech depends on this hire (though to a significant degree he may continue to be protected by a popular president that likes him).
From what I heard they didn't even get a chance to counter Beards ut austin offer.

Atomic Frawg

Everyone knew he was out when they asked him on live TV what he like most about Lubbock and he hesitated, said "ummmm," and basically said his kid's soccer coach.

Toad Jones

I’m in Lubbock and on Tech’s campus right now. Word on the street is Wells is out and Sonny will be interim HC. Good for them for having the urgency that I’m quite confident we don’t have .
Unfortunately, urgency is a scarce commodity at TCU and has been for years with more excuses than be imaged. I suspect when Vic came here, he had a devil of a time dealing with it.