• The KillerFrogs

Sounds like Wells is out at Tech….

Mean Purple

Big Steaming Pile says Jeff Lebby is on list for Tech. Same with Kendal Briles.

He also just told SXM Big 12 radio that there is momentum to bring in Art Briles, but admits that there are obvious giant hurdles to overcome.

That said, if they would look at Kendal Briles and Jeff Lebby, both who were part of the rape scandals, then it would not be a shock to see the west texas trailer park go after Art.

Mean Purple

Big Steaming Pile says Jeff Lebby is on list for Tech. Same with Kendal Briles.

He also just told SXM Big 12 radio that there is momentum to bring in Art Briles, but admits that there are obvious giant hurdles to overcome.

That said, if they would look at Kendal Briles and Jeff Lebby, both who were part of the rape scandals, then it would not be a shock to see the west texas trailer park go after Art.
I absolutely love that there is a filter for that reporter's name.

CM Frog

Yep. It is logical. GP has gotten so bad about having his teams play down to the level of opponents. The distractions have gotten to be too much as well.
If he is not off being the president of some association, he's off making a cd ... or worried about people making fun of his cd. Meanwhile, his split field (call two different defenses) scheme has been figured out and they are running all over him. Stubborn little fat man refuses to change.

I'm beyond feeling bummed that this is how it may end for him. Problem is, we have a joke of an AD. Yeah, he was a fund raiser. Great, stick to raising cash. But he has not experience with splash hires.

We are in a bad spot. We have to hope that GP realizes just how bad his own evaluations have been and brings in real staff.
The AD blame is way out there. There is not an AD in the country who would have fired Gary P at this time

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
He graduated from Tech and has obvious ties there so I wouldn't feel good about our chances if it comes down to us or them.
The guys at this level of coaching are generally smart and looking for a long final stop in their careers, if given the option of TCU/FW over Lubbock odds are heavily in the favor of TCU due to location alone much less being much easier to win/recruit

Putt4Purple

It’s only complicated because TCU has allowed it to become complicated. Structurally we’ve done it to ourselves. If mega donors will withdraw support because we make a coaching change, then the AD and the administration has not done their job. Maybe they haven’t. Maybe they have.
I'm not saying your wrong but the desperation for a coaching change is becoming almost comical. I don't like losing as much as anyone else but now we are hoping for the Mega donors to have an awakening and withdraws funds thus the AD administration sees the light? Ok.
I am as disappointed with this season as much as anyone but the impatience of more and more supposed supporters is quit disturbing. I have not hit the panick button yet. If and when you do. Most of the time it is the wrong decision. Ask Jerry Jones about that!
Go Frogs!

Mean Purple

So I just listened to the press conference at Tech. AD pointed that Dusty Womble (trustee and big money benefactor to Tech) is heading the 4 person search team that will go after the next coach.

Some reading between the lines and just educated guessing here, but,
A. Not sure the AD survives all this.
B. This has little to do with Tech's loss to Kstate. This has more to do with the fact that LSU already canned Coach O and they know LSU is considering Dykes. (My guess they are looking at Aranda too.)

Pharm Frog

I'm not saying your wrong but the desperation for a coaching change is becoming almost comical. I don't like losing as much as anyone else but now we are hoping for the Mega donors to have an awakening and withdraws funds thus the AD administration sees the light? Ok.
I am as disappointed with this season as much as anyone but the impatience of more and more supposed supporters is quit disturbing. I have not hit the panick button yet. If and when you do. Most of the time it is the wrong decision. Ask Jerry Jones about that!
Go Frogs!

Been pretty consistent around these parts…my opinion has NOTHING to do with this year although I’d be lying if I said anything other than it has further solidified an already darn solid belief. And I’m not desperate for a coaching change. That would be dumb. I’m in no position to control a single thing about any decision so those who are can do or not do anything they want. I watch this stuff almost as an observer might view a situation for writing a HBR case study.

Eight

Go Frogs!

you mention being patient and point to this season, but things have been heading in the wrong direction in the program since 2018

over the last 3 1/2 seasons the frogs are 21-21 overall, are 12-11 at home, and are 13-18 in conference play.

the bigger frustration for some is that while patterson has been more than willing to reshuffle the offensive staff multiple times the defense staff has been a constant since 2017 and patterson's comments indicate he doesn't feel there are any issues with he or the staff on that side of the ball despite some warning signs in 2019 and 2020 and the collapse this year

westoverhillbilly

If one follows the money, I just don't see any of our significant donors working to push Gary out now and offering to write a check to negotiate him out of his contract.. I think he's ours for at least another year and I believe we all hope he pulls a miracle, but few are holding their breath..