• The KillerFrogs

Sonny Cumbie is the best DB in the Big 12....

Punter1

He has single handedly shutdown J Reagor and the rest of our WRs.

No originality or creative route combinations at all...the whole world knows what Iowa St is gonna run and we can't barely complete a pass....again....

1st series at midfield was an abortion then he tries to throw it backed up. I'm out on him. Easy to score on bad defenses. He is making all the wrong calls...again..this year.

Tumbleweed

He has single handedly shutdown J Reagor and the rest of our WRs.

No originality or creative route combinations at all...the whole world knows what Iowa St is gonna run and we can't barely complete a pass....again....

1st series at midfield was an abortion then he tries to throw it backed up. I'm out on him. Easy to score on bad defenses. He is making all the wrong calls...again..this year.

That white coaching chair that's been sitting in the corner collecting dust is now getting hot. Before too long it will glowing red.

Tumbleweed

Went to fridge, came back to sit down and our espn channel became the baylor bears vs Kansas State Says go to ..... hell I guess.

Tumbleweed

As a person, I like Sonny but he is not an OC. I don't think he and Gary work well together. I'm not sure any coach at the present can work with GP. Also, I believe the big dogs of influence in this program are growing weary of the management at the top level.

ftwfrog

Every thread that starts with a bashing of Sonny, I’ll gladly point out that our defense looked like Swiss Cheese today. And I think that Sonny’s play calling in the first half was laughable. But getting rid of Cumbie isn’t going to change much. This starts with our head coach/ glorified DC.

Every thread that starts with a bashing of Sonny, I’ll gladly point out that our defense looked like Swiss Cheese today. And I think that Sonny’s play calling in the first half was laughable. But getting rid of Cumbie isn’t going to change much. This starts with our head coach/ glorified DC.
No glorified DC has ever become the all-time winningest coach at a power 5 school, a multiple national coach of the year, led teams to 7 Top 10 finishes, won multiple conference championships, and won 11 bowl games.

This is one of the most asinine comments repeated on this forum. For crying out loud, please stop. It’s embarrassing.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
No glorified DC has ever become the all-time winningest coach at a power 5 school, a multiple national coach of the year, led teams to 7 Top 10 finishes, won multiple conference championships, and won 11 bowl games.

This is one of the most asinine comments repeated on this forum. For crying out loud, please stop. It’s embarrassing.
All true but fickle TCU fans would argue all that should be thrown away because of a loss to ISU and their fear of having to talk to people who might say mean things to them about it.

Limp Lizard

Bad new and worse news;

Bad...Cumbie is an awful, awful OC. Not just this year, but year after year, excepting two years with another OC to help. Even in the "good" year of 2017 all anybody had to do is get a little lead and the game was over. Everybody got creamed by OU's offense that year, but stayed in the game (ISU beat them because they outscored that awful defense). Like OU staying with Stoops too long they lost a lot they should have won. Our defense is totally mentally defeated...no hope, nothing in the tank. They have to play perfect or we lose...like three putting all the time in golf, and you feel pressure to put every approach shot within 4 feet. Did I say year after year with no improvement?

And now the WORSE NEWS: GP has made it plain that he is against firing a coach in the middle of the season. The bye week is a perfect time to do that, but you know it ain't gonna happen. Too bad, I had high hopes for a good season with the talent we have, but I can't see two more wins left to get us in a bowl game. A good OC could turn this around a lot faster than a DC can turn around a defense.

There is a good article in the ESPN web site about changes for the good, and the DRAMATIC improvement by changes in staff at OSU, LSU and OU. Not here, though.

I have really lost hope. This may be the first year since 1982 I have not attended a game in ACS. I was there from thick and thin, but this offensive disaster the last few years is beyond my breaking point. Oh, and I certainly was not affected, even a little bit, by the ticket policy at the new stadium. I put my money there when I thought there was hope.

Only one thing can bring me out...and once again it ain't gonna happen.

Wonder how many players we will lose to the transfer portal next year?

PO Frog

Bad new and worse news;

Bad...Cumbie is an awful, awful OC. Not just this year, but year after year, excepting two years with another OC to help. Even in the "good" year of 2017 all anybody had to do is get a little lead and the game was over. Everybody got creamed by OU's offense that year, but stayed in the game (ISU beat them because they outscored that awful defense). Like OU staying with Stoops too long they lost a lot they should have won. Our defense is totally mentally defeated...no hope, nothing in the tank. They have to play perfect or we lose...like three putting all the time in golf, and you feel pressure to put every approach shot within 4 feet. Did I say year after year with no improvement?

And now the WORSE NEWS: GP has made it plain that he is against firing a coach in the middle of the season. The bye week is a perfect time to do that, but you know it ain't gonna happen. Too bad, I had high hopes for a good season with the talent we have, but I can't see two more wins left to get us in a bowl game. A good OC could turn this around a lot faster than a DC can turn around a defense.

There is a good article in the ESPN web site about changes for the good, and the DRAMATIC improvement by changes in staff at OSU, LSU and OU. Not here, though.

I have really lost hope. This may be the first year since 1982 I have not attended a game in ACS. I was there from thick and thin, but this offensive disaster the last few years is beyond my breaking point. Oh, and I certainly was not affected, even a little bit, by the ticket policy at the new stadium. I put my money there when I thought there was hope.

Only one thing can bring me out...and once again it ain't gonna happen.

Wonder how many players we will lose to the transfer portal next year?
Offense is ranked better than defense this year. Maybe offense would be better if they didn’t have the pressure of having to score every drive just to keep pace.