• The KillerFrogs

Sonny considers hiring KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy Style

Because those in a position of authority failed to do their jobs makes me "a loser"? That's quite a stretch. There was a predicate for those people to fail to do their jobs.

I'm merely reminding you and everybody else what went on and who was responsible. It is obvious that not only do you not care, you are actively angered by someone reminding you about it.
No, making another thread where you make lame, false accusations in the thread title against our head coach makes you a loser.

I don't care who we hire as our OC, so trying to anger me on the topic will be difficult.

Tshirt Fan

What an idiot. You take a small mention from Moose’s post and run with it like you actually know something.
Briles was listed as a possible A&M candidate by Texas Football, but I’m not sure he ever interviewed at A&M.
He certainly wasn’t a candidate by mid-Dec.. They actually offered TCU’s Riley before Petrino.
K. Briles was recently considered seriously by Miss. St. He was also considered as a head coach by FAU & Liberty.
A&M's action was offered as a rationale for TCU program decisions.
It was an ill-conceived suggestion.

FAU? Liberty? Not even close to relevant.
Mississippi State is not the SEC team TCU should be emulating.
There is no decision, programmatic or otherwise, that TCU should make based on A&M actions or examples.

Last edited:

McFroggin

I may be getting a little forgetful, but I don't remember any support on this forum for Kendal back in 2016. Why is there now support for hiring him here? Would like to see his current supporters show their postings from 2016 supporting him.

I definitely do not want any Briles on a TCU staff, and I hope people in a position to make decisions realize this is a questionable one if it really is being considered.

Even if his name was not Briles and never worked at Baylor, he is bad on his rushing offense which also makes me think he is not what we need here. I liked that Dykes brought in Riley to help add more to the run game with his passing philosophy. Going with a more pass oriented person seems stepping backwards.

I’m not sure that it is support as it is realizing that NCAA football is now minor league NFL. The kids matter less. Profit and expanding academics matters more. Athletes can get their $, but with $ comes more responsibility to perform.

As the NCAA has pulled the focus from academics to $, we should all accept that performance matters more than ethics. We can debate Kendal’s merit, but declining him based on BU issues is ignoring what college football has become.

Bruce Berry

This is sick.

Yeah, I know that Sonny and Warden Art are bestest buds. Don't care. This is beyond the pale. He is deliberately reaching out to hire this creep above all others, even though he possesses no special or outstanding talents that warrant such elevation. Only that the whelp is the son of an Old Friend, and he's doing said friend a favor.

Hmmm. Why is that friend not coaching? Why is he considered radioactive? Why is considered by some to be the absolute nadir of ethical behavior in the world of Coaching? Oh, yeah! Because he organized a septic tank of a program at Baylor, where they pretty much checked off a list of "Things You Should Not Do" as they did them, bringing in head-cases kicked off other teams, discipline problems other teams wouldn't touch, and turned them loose on the female students. Then, when confronted with their actions, they lied and actively tried to get the rape victims thrown out of school. Doesn't matter that these girls were scholarship athletes, or that they were victims of crimes, there were football games to win! That's all that mattered. To Warden Art, and evidently to the Baylor Board of Regents as well.

Now, Sonny is going to hire one of the organizers of this revolting circus. Not a bystander, like Kaz, but an organizer. Someone who apparently gave orders, helped set things in motion, helped to lie and cover up when their actions had inevitable results.

It's nice and all that we went to the National Championship. Sonny did a fine job with what he had. This, however, burns all that positive capital. [ Tapefingers ] is a bright red line that should never be crossed, a living symbol of "Winning at any cost." I don't want a sociopath on our Coaching staff.

Stop this. Now.

Amen brother. Take a stand.

Contact University officials expressing your displeasure, boycott TCU football and leave this site immediately.

If you don't you are complicit and full of [ Finebaum ].

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Amen brother. Take a stand.

Contact University officials expressing your displeasure, boycott TCU football and leave this site immediately.

If you don't you are complicit and full of [ Finebaum ].
Feel free to suck on the contents of my septic tank.

An-Cap Frog

Even if his name was not Briles and never worked at Baylor, he is bad on his rushing offense which also makes me think he is not what we need here. I liked that Dykes brought in Riley to help add more to the run game with his passing philosophy. Going with a more pass oriented person seems stepping backwards.
I had to look it up...Rushing per game (for reference TCU averaged 193.3 in 2022)

As IWR/ORC
2008 195.8
2009 100.6
2010 194.6
2011 235.6

As WR/PCG
2012 231.7
2013 259.7
2014 215.5

As OC/QB
2015 327.5
2016 241.8

As ACH/OC/QB
2017 285.1
2018 216.5

As OC/QB
2019 140.7
2020 151.3
2021 229.4
2022 236.7

ticketfrog123

so innuendo and [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] gossip constitute FACT to you? Unless TCU puts out an official press release confirming this hire, the headline is false as it stands. That's all.
The 247 guy has never been wrong on something of this magnitude. If he is - nobody will pay for his “insider” info as his credibility is shot

Status
Not open for further replies.