• The KillerFrogs

Sonny considers hiring KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
This is sick.

Yeah, I know that Sonny and Warden Art are bestest buds. Don't care. This is beyond the pale. He is deliberately reaching out to hire this creep above all others, even though he possesses no special or outstanding talents that warrant such elevation. Only that the whelp is the son of an Old Friend, and he's doing said friend a favor.

Hmmm. Why is that friend not coaching? Why is he considered radioactive? Why is considered by some to be the absolute nadir of ethical behavior in the world of Coaching? Oh, yeah! Because he organized a septic tank of a program at Baylor, where they pretty much checked off a list of "Things You Should Not Do" as they did them, bringing in head-cases kicked off other teams, discipline problems other teams wouldn't touch, and turned them loose on the female students. Then, when confronted with their actions, they lied and actively tried to get the rape victims thrown out of school. Doesn't matter that these girls were scholarship athletes, or that they were victims of crimes, there were football games to win! That's all that mattered. To Warden Art, and evidently to the Baylor Board of Regents as well.

Now, Sonny is going to hire one of the organizers of this revolting circus. Not a bystander, like Kaz, but an organizer. Someone who apparently gave orders, helped set things in motion, helped to lie and cover up when their actions had inevitable results.

It's nice and all that we went to the National Championship. Sonny did a fine job with what he had. This, however, burns all that positive capital. Kendall Briles is a bright red line that should never be crossed, a living symbol of "Winning at any cost." I don't want a sociopath on our Coaching staff.

Stop this. Now.

Moose Stuff

All are entitled to their opinions. As for me, I’m not gonna hold his last name or his association with Baylor against him. I don’t know Kendall and I don’t know what his involvement was in what went on. What I do know is that was close to 10 years ago and he’s done nothing at several schools since that time but be a solid human and productive coach. Most of all I trust Sonny and our admin completely. If they’re in, I’m in. Period.

Aren't we just recovering from a coach who hired, and stubbornly kept on staff old running buddies regardless of resume and performance? Not impressed with this potential move, regardless of the stench on him warranted or not.

And as to the winning at any cost., I don't see it. Its not like tapeyfingers is some kind of offensive savant. Not exactly tearing up the SEC west offensively. I could MAYBE understand if he was the second coming of OCs. He's not. I think its cronyism at any cost. I expect more from CSD and certainly more from our admin.

Color me skeptical at best and ready to jump ship at worst.

StinnettFrog

I remember being told the harder people try to prove you’re guilty the more likely you’re innocent. Pretty sure many here are taking this way to personal. Unless you have direct knowledge he broke a law you just don’t like his name or where he came from. If you do have direct knowledge of a crime then you are guilty of the same thing you accuse him of. Personally I don’t know him and don’t really care who they hire. Since he is being paid well somewhere else he must do his job pretty well or he wouldn’t be in demand.

McFroggin

Aren't we just recovering from a coach who hired, and stubbornly kept on staff old running buddies regardless of resume and performance? Not impressed with this potential move, regardless of the stench on him warranted or not.

And as to the winning at any cost., I don't see it. Its not like tapeyfingers is some kind of offensive savant. Not exactly tearing up the SEC west offensively. I could MAYBE understand if he was the second coming of OCs. He's not. I think its cronyism at any cost. I expect more from CSD and certainly more from our admin.

We were unsuccessful and CGP wouldn’t make changes with friends. Friends > winning.

Kendal Briles has been quite successful and players like him. Now if we take him, he sucks, and Dykes refuses to fire him, then we are in a similar situation.

MinFrog

GP hiring guys no one wanted, versus SD hiring guys that everyone wants has to be obvious to everyone, right? I hate Art Briles with everything I have, but Kendal is his own man. Not sure what his involvement was in the whole situation, but a whole bunch of people at TCU seem to be ok with it, so lets rock and roll.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Since he is being paid well somewhere else he must do his job pretty well or he wouldn’t be in demand.
See, that's the thing: He isn't in demand. Sonny is reaching out for this creep, specifically. Likely out of sympathy for an old friend. Whether or not that is the case, bringing someone on Staff to be on the Front Yard of TCU for all to see who was an integral part of the Baylor Rape Scandal is not acceptable. He brings nothing to the table which outweighs that, and there are literally thousands of others who could fill those duties who do not have the stink of Briles about them.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
All are entitled to their opinions. As for me, I’m not gonna hold his last name or his association with Baylor against him. I don’t know Kendall and I don’t know what his involvement was in what went on. What I do know is that was close to 10 years ago and he’s done nothing at several schools since that time but be a solid human and productive coach. Most of all I trust Sonny and our admin completely. If they’re in, I’m in. Period.
Hell ten years is the longest term of probation for a convicted felon. Ten years of good behavior is sufficient for me

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
See, that's the thing: He isn't in demand. Sonny is reaching out for this creep, specifically. Likely out of sympathy for an old friend. Whether or not that is the case, bringing someone on Staff to be on the Front Yard of TCU for all to see who was an integral part of the Baylor Rape Scandal is not acceptable. He brings nothing to the table which outweighs that, and there are literally thousands of others who could fill those duties who do not have the stink of Briles about them.
Really though if it was about friendship the name would be Littrell, not Briles. Kendal has a good job with good pay as well

Moose Stuff

Gary hired his groomsmen that nobody else wanted. This would be hiring a talented OC away from an SEC school that programs all over the country wanted. MASSIVE difference.

Pharm Frog

GP hiring guys no one wanted, versus SD hiring guys that everyone wants has to be obvious to everyone, right? I hate Art Briles with everything I have, but Kendal is his own man. Not sure what his involvement was in the whole situation, but a whole bunch of people at TCU seem to be ok with it, so lets rock and roll.
Why do you hate Art? Second chances…. Great football coach… Not convicted of anything… Vetted by a public high school in Texas… Rape culture at Baylor was a school-wide issue that the football program became the scapegoat for. Hire Art….

Moose Stuff

He IS in demand. Miss St made a recent run at him and he interviewed at A&M as well.

Tshirt Fan

He IS in demand. Miss St made a recent run at him and he interviewed at A&M as well.
Mario Lopez Football GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.