• The KillerFrogs

Something Does Not Add Up

ShreveFrog

OK, if this started as JD wanting Gary to release Kill and Meacham for next season (and Gary said no), how did Kill end up as the "acting" coach?
You got that from reading Muck, right? I suspect that's what Gary texted to Muck. Because Gary would never admit that his defense is also the problem. And maybe the bigger problem. I could be wrong. Just my hunch.

LoudFrog

OK, if this started as JD wanting Gary to release Kill and Meacham for next season (and Gary said no), how did Kill end up as the "acting" coach? I don't think firing them would have changed JD's mind - Gary was gone and JD had no acceptable way to get Gary out once Gary would not agree to fire Kill and Meacham. I just wish TCU could have had some sort of "thank you Gary" celebration. That will never happen now.
It never started that way. We had a top 20 offense until the last two games when Max broke two bones in his foot. That changed everything. It has been defense and overall leadership. Offense was a bright spot until qb couldn’t run. Completely changed everything.

Limey Frog

OK, if this started as JD wanting Gary to release Kill and Meacham for next season (and Gary said no), how did Kill end up as the "acting" coach? I don't think firing them would have changed JD's mind - Gary was gone and JD had no acceptable way to get Gary out once Gary would not agree to fire Kill and Meacham. I just wish TCU could have had some sort of "thank you Gary" celebration. That will never happen now.

Someone's got to do it. No one's going to come in from outside to do it for a month. By definition it has to be the person currently here best suited to take the role, i.e., the guy who's done it already somewhere else.

I guarantee we’ll have some sort of Thank You and Celebration of Patterson’s career at TCU. When is the question.

When he's emotionally ready, I suppose.

Rabidfrog

I have no knowledge of what happened and do not care honestly, but in my view is very very simple.
A “decision” was made at some point this season by the BOT, JD and VBo that this was Gary’s last year. They had seen enough.

Because of numerous coaching vacancies opening up and knowing that Gary was gone at the end of this year regardless…from a business standpoint (and especially after the K State abortion) they couldn’t wait any longer. But they could also, not go after other coaches officially or unofficially before taking with Gary first. That would be the actual unprofessional, non loyal thing to do. And it would have been easier that way.

So they laid out his options and left the decision to him. This was his last year. They wanted him to stay the season and then on staff in another capacity. But they had to start looking for his replacement immediately.

Gary, in my opinion, did not get indignant….he saw his “hanging around” as detrimental to the program overall. And if TCU was moving on, it was best he get 100% out of the way. As stubborn as he is, he is also no dummy. He doesn’t want to tear down all he built on his way out the door.

With him gone and anyone as interim….TCU can openly look for new coaches. Kill is the only one of staff with HC experience. But they could have made Kenny HIll the HC and it wouldn’t have / won’t matter. Kill got the job by default. A showgirl could have been interim HC.

Gary’s entire current staff was/is on the phone this morning looking for new jobs. This season is essentially over. Everyone left is shooting out resumes all over the country and no longer recruiting for TCU.

Just the way this business is.
sounds like a reasonable scenario

arlingtonbell

I have no knowledge of what happened and do not care honestly, but in my view is very very simple.
A “decision” was made at some point this season by the BOT, JD and VBo that this was Gary’s last year. They had seen enough.

Because of numerous coaching vacancies opening up and knowing that Gary was gone at the end of this year regardless…from a business standpoint (and especially after the K State abortion) they couldn’t wait any longer. But they could also, not go after other coaches officially or unofficially before taking with Gary first. That would be the actual unprofessional, non loyal thing to do. And it would have been easier that way.

So they laid out his options and left the decision to him. This was his last year. They wanted him to stay the season and then on staff in another capacity. But they had to start looking for his replacement immediately.

Gary, in my opinion, did not get indignant….he saw his “hanging around” as detrimental to the program overall. And if TCU was moving on, it was best he get 100% out of the way. As stubborn as he is, he is also no dummy. He doesn’t want to tear down all he built on his way out the door.

With him gone and anyone as interim….TCU can openly look for new coaches. Kill is the only one of staff with HC experience. But they could have made Kenny HIll the HC and it wouldn’t have / won’t matter. Kill got the job by default. A showgirl could have been interim HC.

Gary’s entire current staff was/is on the phone this morning looking for new jobs. This season is essentially over. Everyone left is shooting out resumes all over the country and no longer recruiting for TCU.

Just the way this business is.
So you are saying we CANT get a show Girl as an interim HC right?

Paint It Purple

Gary's not going to leave his players in the lurch. He may die on a hill defending his assistants, but he's not going leave his team flapping in the wind for the remaining season.

lowfrog

"With him gone and anyone as interim….TCU can openly look for new coaches. Kill is the only one of staff with HC experience. But they could have made Kenny HIll the HC and it wouldn’t have / won’t matter. Kill got the job by default. A showgirl could have been interim HC."

Please leave the TCU Showgirls out of this situation. The TCU Showgirls should not be brought into coaching the football team. The TCU Showgirls are the only reason many have continued to attend games the last few years. DO NOT TOUCH THE TCU SHOWGIRLS!

Eight

Let’s be honest. Only a handful of them have the qualifications to lead a D1 football program and I seriously doubt those individuals are interested in the time commitment it would take. Let’s stay focused here, people.

but, my chance were any flowers girls or attendants in a wedding?