• The KillerFrogs

So who is your replacement?

TCUWIN

I’d like a young coach that is going to bring energy and creativity. I don’t have names…that’s not my job. The AD needs to earn his pay check. But a Kellen Moore/ Lincoln Riley type. I know neither is coming here…hopefully both looking at NFL head coaching jobs. But i want what Patterson brought to the table when he got the job. Young, energetic and had a defense no one knew anything about.

TAINTed frog

Who in the hell would want CEO head coach Gary Patterson? He’s terrible at literally every one of the required functions — analytics and statistics, punt/go for it decisions, clock management, time out management, extra point/go for two management, dealing with media, dealing with fans, consumer engagement, recruiting, Jesus the list goes on with regard to the things he struggles with. Why on earth would anyone want him solely for these tasks?
1634615946910.gif

Last edited:

Froggy Style

Matt Campbell is the guy. Understands stopping the run and pass with high flying RPO offenses that aren't going anywhere. Marry that with recruiting offense talent in TX and you've go a great fit. Luckily, he lost a few games that may make him available.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Matt Campbell is the guy. Understands stopping the run and pass with high flying RPO offenses that aren't going anywhere. Marry that with recruiting offense talent in TX and you've go a great fit. Luckily, he lost a few games that may make him available.
I can’t imagine anyone better. Tremendous leader, humble, inspiring and really smart. If you could pick anyone in my opinion that’s your guy. Cue the inferiority complex posters to inform me there is no way he is coming here…

Toad Jones

TCU won't have any trouble finding a coach. I can even see a couple of European soccer coach's nudging their agents to contact TCU. That's a joke of course but explains the opportunity here.

The number one requirement for a head coach today? How good of a recruiter is he. Number one!! That's the mother (root) because everything stems off of recruiting in college! Kids of course, but can he sell mom and dad. The life blood of any program is recruiting. Can he sell himself as a motivator with good principals and everyone will want... to... join... his team. "And that my friend, includes assistant coach's!!" Sell the media and your job just took a gigantic leap helping to build your program. It's essential to start with the root of the tree and branch out from there into a perirenal winner. Those kind of people are hard to find and cost money. Good people with vision, creativity, motivation, leadership, technology and allegiance, will attract good people and THAT INCLUDES KIDS and their mom's and dad.

TCU has a reputation of being an excellent collection of good people in leadership roles and that is a major factor in attracting ...great coach's. But it takes time or should and for that reason, the search needs to begin today!!!!!...~!!!!

Remember this is a business, not a quilting bee and those principals MOSTLY NEED to apply. I said mostly, not entirely.

But its time to move on sad to say but necessary when it is apparent and its past apparent!

*** age?? - young-very young and seasoned coach's when the opportunity arrives, needs to be considered. Me...well considering the environment in this day and age, 30's/40's. my opinion. This society today...we have never experienced anything like before and he or she needs to speak its language