• The KillerFrogs

So who is your replacement?

froginmn

A random poster on this board has a better chance of being the next HC than Kendal Briles.
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

SuperTFrog

What if GP hired a real defensive coordinator (ie not in name only)? GP took the traditional role of a HQ and wasn’t a coordinator any more. At this point, I like him as a HQ, just don’t want him coaching our defense anymore.

JugbandFrog

What if GP hired a real defensive coordinator (ie not in name only)? GP took the traditional role of a HQ and wasn’t a coordinator any more. At this point, I like him as a HQ, just don’t want him coaching our defense anymore.
I have been advocating for this for some time. Focus on the whole team. He won’t do it though. He’ll never give up the D

PO Frog

Who in the hell would want CEO head coach Gary Patterson? He’s terrible at literally every one of the required functions — analytics and statistics, punt/go for it decisions, clock management, time out management, extra point/go for two management, dealing with media, dealing with fans, consumer engagement, recruiting, Jesus the list goes on with regard to the things he struggles with. Why on earth would anyone want him solely for these tasks?

Eight

For some time ..?.. we've been in the top 3 defenses practically every year, in the B12, until 2021.

actually some of the issues we are seeing now started to appear last year when the frogs were more middle of the conference defensively instead of top of the conference.

before then i would say 2017, 2018, and 2019 were solid defenses. put up good numbers, had a few issues in some games and there is the small problem with riley's offense. would imagine frogs were in top 3 of most categories in that stretch.

2016 was not a good year defensively for a variety of reasons. they finished second in total defense, but gave up over 400 yards per game which was the only season they did so before this year. rankings some times don't tell the whole story

Prime BEEF

For HC, I hope we consider Napier of ULaLa, Matt Campbell of Iowa State, Hugh Freeze (beat Bama 2x) and Coastal Carolina HC.
Matt Campbell would be tough to get. He makes $4M/yr and will get offers from any power programs that have a vacancy.

But we pay $6M/yr for GP. Wonder if Matt Campbell would come to TCU for $6M/yr