• The KillerFrogs

So who is your replacement?

FrogCoach84

When Gary is gone...however and whenever that comes to pass...I will be just as interested in who the rest of the new staff is as I am in who the new HC is.

The GP Coaching Shrub (as someone here at KF so perfectly coined it) may be the most telling thing when trying to figure out what has made this program so exceedingly mediocre...and teetering on the edge of much worse than that.

You want guys on your staff that you have to fight to keep because you have developed them into valuable commodities. You will lose some great coaches along the way if you are doing it the right way. That part sucks but again, if you are doing it the right way, you are developing other coaches that can step into new roles and/or you have an eye for talent at other programs that can come in and get the job done. You become attractive to those outside coaches when you have proven that there is upward mobility from a job on your staff.

I know Gary and the Groomsmen is largely assumed to be GP keeping things in house and I am sure that is a big part of it. I also don't think this would be viewed as an attractive place to be for any coach with any real aspirations of bigger and better things. Why would any promising young coach want to be here....because Justin Fuente made it??? Because Dykes parked here for a year and is having success??? Because if you go somewhere else and fail miserably GP will bring you back???

I want to have offseason discussions about the up and coming G5 coordinator that is going to replace our OC that took that HC job. I want to have offseason discussions about our bright, young LB coach that is ready to take the reins from our DC that took that HC job. I want to do deep dives on the schemes of a guy like Scott Symons and how he has built solid and consistent defensive units at Liberty. I want to debate whether Willy Korn and Newland Isaac are ready to build and lead an offense on their own or if it's all Jamey Chadwell.

Sorry for the long post but I'm just sick of looking at the staff and seeing the same retreads shuffled around because we pay $6 million a year to a HC so insecure he thinks everyone is stealing his signs, throwing helmets at his BFF, using their RBs incorrectly, and most of all....a $6 million HC that refuses to bring in, develop, and advocate for innovative and ambitious coaches...because God forbid anyone steal any of his shine.

Well GP...if we can't have anyone stealing your shine then don't expect anyone else to receive the growing shade that's coming your way.

SackLunch

Go get the guy from Coastal Carolina...He has done A LOT with minimal resources. We can act like TCU is big time but when it comes to recruiting, facilities, game day experience etc. we are lacking. We need a guy that can come in and do more with less and a guy that has proven he can create his own culture because whoever has to be take over for GP has to be able to put his stamp on the program quick.

An-Cap Frog

Jeff Traylor. Great recruiting ties in state and seems to be able to win. Would bring great energy.
Is 19 games in C-USA enough experience for you?

Neal Brown had 51
Matt Wells had 78
Chris Klienman had 75
Lance Leipold had 185
Matt Campbell had 50
Dave Aranda was a DC at LSU and Wisconsin

Froggish

Joe Moorehead, Jamie Chadwell (If he leaves, I bet his DC stays though), Brent Venables, Will Healy…

I hear Rolovich is ready to bring the Pistol Run-n-Shoot to town :)