• The KillerFrogs

So who is our new Saturday starter... I vote for Charles King.

Purp

We just need one more solid weekend starter that can go long enough that he can hand the game over to Perez and we can just bypass our middle inning relief pitchers in our bad bullpen.
If we had one more solid weekend starter our bullpen depth wouldn't be as troublesome. And if we were getting that many quality innings from our weekend starters we may not need Perez every night with our offense producing the way it is. I think asking for our weekend rotation to pitch 24 innings or for Perez to pitch more than 3 innings a weekend is not the right answer. Honestly, you probably need to limit Perez to 2 innings a weekend b/c if he catches the injury bug we're seriously darned.

PO Frog

I’m disappointed with the lack of control the staff has exhibited over the last two years. I always assumed that was Saarloos’s genius and frankly why we’d managed World Series appearances 4 out of 5 years. Thought CKS knew the magic formula to get these guys to throw strikes but the last year and a half are making me doubt my premise. Just drives me insane watching guys that can’t hit their spots.

MadFrog

I think the coaches are only trying to win the series. They know they don’t have a third starter. So they hold King to long relief for Williamson. Note the closer is only available Friday and Sunday. They are using their poorer pitchers on Saturday as sacrifices. Maybe JJ will have a miracle recovery. They all need to figure out how to handle bunts. The word will get around that TCU pitchers can’t handle bunts.