• The KillerFrogs

So who is our new Saturday starter... I vote for Charles King.

Punter1

Gotta put Iceman back in relief where he was dominant...starting just ain't working out.

I've always thought King had starter stuff and maybe this is his time. Not sure how close JJ is to coming back either but obviously he would be the best choice given he is healthy and strong.

Moose Stuff

Gotta put Iceman back in relief where he was dominant...starting just ain't working out.

I've always thought King had starter stuff and maybe this is his time. Not sure how close JJ is to coming back either but obviously he would be the best choice given he is healthy and strong.

I said King two weeks ago.

LeagueCityFrog

We just need one more solid weekend starter that can go long enough that he can hand the game over to Perez and we can just bypass our middle inning relief pitchers in our bad bullpen.

Sand Frog

Hope Schloss/Saarloss get it figured out. Baffles me at the number of kids coming in from the bullpen that can't seem to find the strike zone.

LawFrog504

I think King is our last hope for a third starter other than saying a rosary that JJ returns to form. Don't think anyone else in the pen can pitch starters innings.
Another approach is that we move King to long relief saturday role (currently using him on sundays) and just ask the starter to go 4 before we turn it over to CK/MP. But that could be trouble for sundays.

Pharm Frog

Who do we NEED Williamson on Saturday?

What is needed is two quality starts to begin a series. I get that it’s nice to go lefty righty lefty on the mound and in the lineup but that’s a luxury we don’t seem to have presently. Give me as many innings in the first two games as we can get and try to patch a Sunday. It would be even nicer if Williamson could throw a little longer.

I still think the pen is the largest concern with a couple of notable exceptions. If Cal can’t get it straightened out and we don’t see contributions from unexpected arms, I think our ceiling is good but not great.

jake102

We better be

Yeh... he's averaging 4 IP per start, but you can't really afford to not start him.

At this point here are our pitchers who are healthy/mediocre:
Lodolo - ace
Williamson
King
Green
Eissler
Perez
Mihlbauer

How do you get 36 IP per week from that?

My vote is Lodolo (7), Williamson (5), King (5), Green (5). Eissler goes back to relief and eats up 5-6 IP per week, Perez has another 2-3, Mihlbauer 2-3. At least one game will be a blow out and you let the scrubs throw some innings.

flyfishingfrog

Yeh... he's averaging 4 IP per start, but you can't really afford to not start him.

At this point here are our pitchers who are healthy/mediocre:
Lodolo - ace
Williamson
King
Green
Eissler
Perez
Mihlbauer

How do you get 36 IP per week from that?

My vote is Lodolo (7), Williamson (5), King (5), Green (5). Eissler goes back to relief and eats up 5-6 IP per week, Perez has another 2-3, Mihlbauer 2-3. At least one game will be a blow out and you let the scrubs throw some innings.
well that is accurate and depressing all in one...