• The KillerFrogs

So............ We give him the ball 10-12 times a game

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Yes he did.

You're an idiot!

Tomlinson had 304 carries his Junior year and 369 carries his Senior year.
That's 25 carries per game Jr. year and 30 per game his Sr. year.

I know you don't teach Trigonometry, so for you slow at math Purple colored glasses guys - that ain't 12 carries a friggin game!!!!

GMFP - RUN THE BALL!!!

Pharm Frog

You're an idiot!

I know you don't teach Trigonometry, so for you slow at math Purple colored glasses guys - that ain't 12 carries a friggin game!!!!

GMFP - RUN THE BALL!!!

I’d suggest your reasoning confirms that he carried the ball 12 times every single game. Same could be said for 13 times.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
2019-
Anderson avgd. 12 carries a game LY - 823 total yards
Sewo avgd. 11 carries a game LY - 527 total yards

In 2018:yards
Sewo avgd. 11 carries a game for 635 total yards
Anderson avgd. 10 carries per game - 600 yards

In 2017:
Hicks avgd 12 carries a game - 638 total yards
Anderson 10 carries a game - 768 total yards

In 2016:
Hicks avgd. 17 carries per game and had 1042 total rushing yards
K. Hill avgd. 10 carries per game

In 2015:
Green avgd 20 carries per game and had 1270 total rushing yards
Boykin avgd 10 carries per game

In 2014:
Boykin was the leading ball carrier with 12 carries per game.
Green avgd 7 YARDS per carry all year but only got 10 carries per game

In 2013:
Catalon avgd. 9 carries per game
Boykin avgd 9 carries per game
You don't want to know what the total rushing yards were from that 4-8 season.

2012 was even worse.

2011 - TCU had a RB rotation with 3 guys avg. 12 carries per game - but the total rushing yards for the year from those 3 was 2,300 at 11-2.

2010 13-0 with 2 RB avg 12-13 per game 2400+ total rushing yards that year

2009 3 guys had 9-13 carries per game Dalton /QB had an add'l 10 carries per, 12-1
2400 total rushing yards that year.

Tomlinson had at/over 2,000 yards per season Jr/SR

So tell me genius -
Where is this superstar RB going to get 25 carries a game from??

Froggish

Who does this kid compare to as far as his running style? I saw someone on here compare him to Adrian Peterson but in looking at the highlights I'm not seeing it, AP was a tall, downhill guy. Looks more LT to me on film.

He’s a shade under 6-2 and squats 600+..He no little back. AP comparison isn’t that off. I think one of the more impressive things was that NS ran a ton of inside zone with him and he still produced 13 yards a carry in what is probably the most college like HS football competition in the country.

Last edited:

denverfrog

and he enters the transfer portal after 2nd year.

If we used a fabulous running game and featured a fabulous back to set up a sizzling passing game, TCU would win a helluva lot more games!!!

Does anyone on here remember a guy named Tomlinson?!!!
I guarantee he did not get 12 carries a game!!!
I think he will give this guy the same number of touches a game as the last 5 star, top running back in the country, that attended TCU.....Oh wait!

Peacefrog

Degenerate
2019-
Anderson avgd. 12 carries a game LY - 823 total yards
Sewo avgd. 11 carries a game LY - 527 total yards

In 2018:yards
Sewo avgd. 11 carries a game for 635 total yards
Anderson avgd. 10 carries per game - 600 yards

In 2017:
Hicks avgd 12 carries a game - 638 total yards
Anderson 10 carries a game - 768 total yards

In 2016:
Hicks avgd. 17 carries per game and had 1042 total rushing yards
K. Hill avgd. 10 carries per game

In 2015:
Green avgd 20 carries per game and had 1270 total rushing yards
Boykin avgd 10 carries per game

In 2014:
Boykin was the leading ball carrier with 12 carries per game.
Green avgd 7 YARDS per carry all year but only got 10 carries per game

In 2013:
Catalon avgd. 9 carries per game
Boykin avgd 9 carries per game
You don't want to know what the total rushing yards were from that 4-8 season.

2012 was even worse.

2011 - TCU had a RB rotation with 3 guys avg. 12 carries per game - but the total rushing yards for the year from those 3 was 2,300 at 11-2.

2010 13-0 with 2 RB avg 12-13 per game 2400+ total rushing yards that year

2009 3 guys had 9-13 carries per game Dalton /QB had an add'l 10 carries per, 12-1
2400 total rushing yards that year.

Tomlinson had at/over 2,000 yards per season Jr/SR

So tell me genius -
Where is this superstar RB going to get 25 carries a game from??
You spent a whole lot of time and energy on something no one cares to argue. Good for you for defending that hill. No one wants the hill but you are defending the hell out of it.

puckster59

I'm not sure he has as low of a center of gravity that LT had, but I agree that's an apt comparison.
LT had so many qualities. One of his most important, though, and his key to durability within a game, a season and the longevity of his career was one that few great backs did. Emmitt had it, too. He was extremely adept at not taking a lot of hits. He was almost always going forward when going down. If this kid has that, he’ll be something.

Austintxfrog94

You're an idiot!

GMFP - RUN THE BALL!!!
I recall TCU ran the ball 59 times against Cal in the Cheezit Bowl. The most productive horned frog on the field that day was the SID.

The kid from North Shore will be a problem/head case and won’t make it to his second semester.

You are wrong here, I just got off a call with someone deep in the North Shore program. I was also very concerned and wanted some insight. Here is as close to verbatim as I can give you.
"Crazy thing about it is that a lot of people are saying he's a "me first" type but he's actually the exact opposite. Go back and watch the videos of his interview at the state championship game or any interview for that matter. He NEVER talks about himself and always gives credit to other players and coaches. To be honest he's a shy kid who at times seems uncomfortable in his own skin. Publicity is the worst part of football for him."

Chongo94

Doesn’t matter, Cumbie will still call a fade from the 4 yard line even with him in the backfield....or run Wildfrog to the right without him in the backfield.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
In the last 10 years when teams are in the Top 25 in rushing - Alabama, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Clemson, Oregon, LSU (i.e. 200+ yds a game), etc., those teams have heavy winning seasons, play for championships and get in playoffs.

When TCU does not avg. 200+ yds a game rushing a year......... their winning records suck.
Just like 95% of the teams in the ncaa power 5 conferences.

When you throw the ball from the 4 yard line twice after a First and GOAL, you are going to have a losing record and you might as well have the Offensive players wear dresses.

If we throw the ball more than we run, and / or we suck at the running game and avg 160 yards a game or less .....we avg 7 wins a season.

?????????????????????????????

If you want to throw the ball all the @#$%^ time.........get used to mediocrity.

GMFP.......Man up!!! Be PHYSICAL!!!! Run the @#$% ball!!!!

You all figure it out. It ain't brain surgery.

OakTreeFrog

You are wrong here, I just got off a call with someone deep in the North Shore program. I was also very concerned and wanted some insight. Here is as close to verbatim as I can give you.
"Crazy thing about it is that a lot of people are saying he's a "me first" type but he's actually the exact opposite. Go back and watch the videos of his interview at the state championship game or any interview for that matter. He NEVER talks about himself and always gives credit to other players and coaches. To be honest he's a shy kid who at times seems uncomfortable in his own skin. Publicity is the worst part of football for him."

I’ve lurked here forever but had to create an account when I recognized the handle.

I knew I had seen that “call with someone deep in the North Shore program” somewhere before.

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/for...unce-commitment-wed-dec-3?p=526622#post526622

Thanks for the insider info