• The KillerFrogs

So TCU vs Alabama Talk Not Going Away?

Putt4Purple

Hopefully The Big -12 and SEC can come to an agreement to play each other. I would love a couple of games against the SEC before conference play. Lets do it!

Big Frog II

I was very optimistic about the season until the last few weeks. If we don't change our habits quickly, there isn't going to be a football season. Let that sink in.

LeagueCityFrog

It took the New York Metropolitan area 2 months for Covid to make it's way through that greater region. They now have almost identical low amount of new cases reported everyday compared to the height of the spread. If Texas and the broader Sun Belt region follow the same pattern.... June 16th is when our region's uptick happened... So I would hope come August 16th we are more than good to go with a good two weeks before the first Big XII and SEC games. One big difference so far is that our death rate in this part of America is WAY LOWER....

Lead on TCU and Play Ball.... Game On!

TCUdirtbag

You are more optimistic than me on the conference odds...
So what’s the issue? I’m having a really difficult time understanding why we can’t have a no fans scenario

The ground suddenly shifted on Thursday. The Big Ten’s decision was a surprise to the other 4 conferences - who as early as Thursday morning had been in contact with the Big Ten office and ADs only to be blindsided by the afternoon announcement.

The fan situation is an afterthought right now. The Big Ten and Pac-12 decisions revolved around team/player/staff issues. It seems if they can work through those issues they can figure out the fan ones.

IMO, at the end of July the SEC, Big 12, and ACC will follow suit and conferences will announce a late September season start date.

The next real test is what happens when students get back on campus. The virus will certainly spread like wildfire. Of course most will be asymptomatic and the vast majority will be low risk. But how will schools respond? If they go into an effective lockdown when cases spike in week 3 or 4 of the school year, it’s easy to see the season called off. If the schools have a higher risk tolerance, it’s also easy to see limited fans attending 9-game seasons and a slightly delayed conference championship and trimmed down bowl season.

Last edited:

tetonfrog

I would rather have a full season starting in Feb. or March than a conference-only schedule this fall. It will only allow the blue bloods easier access to the playoffs and a cheapened title.

This is not the NFL - these guys should not risk their lives to play a game without pay. Things in the south are going to get worse not better because politics are polluting the virus efforts.

What if a player breaks his leg and goes to a virus-filled hospital? What will happen to him, especially if he is in a hot spot like Houston or Miami?

For anyone who says it is not that bad, get a clue. My aunt died from the virus. My mom's friend has it now and may not make it.. My niece, who just turned 21, has it and had to go the ER today. A good friend from high school's family has it and it is kicking their ass. I work at a hotel near a hospital. I hear the horror stories every day from our guests who have relatives in there. These are examples from all over the county from Wyoming to Colorado to Texas to North Carolina.

Why rush it? What is the difference between playing a short season in the fall and a full season in the spring? Oh, yeah, we can get more games and more money in the spring. And maybe we will have the capability to do more tests and get the results back quicker, too.

My coworker had to get tested last week for the virus. Normally, they have it back in 5-7 days. They told her yesterday it is going to be at least two weeks before she gets the results back. Why is prioritizing football over our front-line workers more important?

HFrog1999

I was very optimistic about the season until the last few weeks. If we don't change our habits quickly, there isn't going to be a football season. Let that sink in.

What habits? Smoking? Picking your nose? Nail Biting? Swearing? Eating junk and watching rubbish?

silly-habits.gif

YA

I’ll be shocked if we play any non-conference games. Afraid conference game odds are 50-50 right now.
The odds are actually much lower than 50/50. Much lower. The ground has changed and that was after the talk of canceling the season had already begun prior to last week. It is only accelerating to no season.