• The KillerFrogs

So now that your offensive coordinator is our offensive coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeRoughy

Illini fan here. According to this article, your OC will be named OC at Illinois early next week.

So, like, what can you tell me about him?

Thanks in advance. And congrats on the bowl win. Bill Clinton was president the last time we won a bowl, so here's hoping your guy can bring us some offensive success. Or something.

sous vide

QUOTE(OrangeRoughy @ Jan 2 2009, 09:22 PM) [snapback]281431[/snapback]
Illini fan here. According to this article, your OC will be named OC at Illinois early next week.

Thanks in advance. And congrats on the bowl win. Bill Clinton was president the last time we won a bowl, so here's hoping your guy can bring us some offensive success. Or something.

Honestly and without the slightest bit of exaggeration, he is the most vilified coach in the TCU system and has been for years. He has also been one of the most record setting.

WIN

QUOTE(OrangeRoughy @ Jan 2 2009, 07:52 PM) [snapback]281431[/snapback]

There are people that will blame Coach Schultz for our offensive "shortcomings" even though
he is not our coach. Personally, I have no problem with his system.

OrangeRoughy

QUOTE(NewfoundlandFrog @ Jan 2 2009, 06:55 PM) [snapback]281432[/snapback]
Honestly and without the slightest bit of exaggeration, he is the most vilified coach in the TCU system and has been for years. He has also been one of the most record setting.

please to explain.

Vilified as in "Dammit Schultz! Can you EVER close on a recruit?" or vilified as in "Dammit Schultz! A 17 yard out-pattern on third and one??"

Houston Frog

I hope you like the short side option and bad game management.

I don't hate Schultz like a lot of TCU fans, but he definitely has his faults. He has a good scheme that is very hard to prepare for because his offense does so many things. That being said, he makes some very questionable decisions when it comes to play calling that have cost us games.

A lot of people think Schultz is handcuffed by Patterson, and when he gets into a situation where the head coach lets him open it up, he'll be much more effective. I don't know if I buy that.

I'll tell you one thing, after watching the last 8 years of TCU football, I can't believe it was someone from the offense that got hired away, as opposed to a defensive coach.

By the way, I didn't even click on the article, is it legit? Is Schultz leaving? I'm not sure whether to be happy about this or not. Who replaces him?

sous vide

QUOTE(OrangeRoughy @ Jan 2 2009, 09:34 PM) [snapback]281438[/snapback]
please to explain.

Vilified as in "Dammit Schultz! Can you EVER close on a recruit?" or vilified as in "Dammit Schultz! A 17 yard out-pattern on third and one??"

#2. He has always been known as a recruiter. He is a far better OC than he is credited by some as well.

purpleshades

QUOTE(OrangeRoughy @ Jan 2 2009, 06:52 PM) [snapback]281431[/snapback]

How sure are you about this hire?

Dogfrog

If true, good luck to Coach Schultz. He's been an important part of our success for 10 years. Next year will be very interesting.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
If true/confirmed, your team will improve and win more games but...not flashy or even fast. But you will get better.

:ph34r:

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jan 2 2009, 07:07 PM) [snapback]281444[/snapback]
If true, good luck to Coach Schultz. He's been an important part of our success for 10 years. Next year will be very interesting.

Oh, man...

I like Coach Fuente to move to OC.

OrangeRoughy

QUOTE(WIN @ Jan 2 2009, 07:01 PM) [snapback]281435[/snapback]
There are people that will blame Coach Schultz for our offensive "shortcomings" even though
he is not our coach. Personally, I have no problem with his system.

And what is his "system"? For the last 3 years we ran a Rich Rodriguez-ish spread option with lots of shotgun and hurry-up. From the rushing numbers you guys put up, I'm guessing your offense is more based around the run.

archifrog

QUOTE(Opintel @ Jan 3 2009, 01:10 AM) [snapback]281448[/snapback]
Oh, man...

I like Coach Fuente to move to OC.

My vote would be for Josh Heupel from OU!

OrangeRoughy

QUOTE(purpleshades @ Jan 2 2009, 07:06 PM) [snapback]281443[/snapback]
How sure are you about this hire?

That article is by the Illini football beat writer from the local Champaign paper. I'd say it's 99% legit.

purpleshades

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jan 2 2009, 07:05 PM) [snapback]281441[/snapback]
I hope you like the short side option and bad game management.

I don't hate Schultz like a lot of TCU fans, but he definitely has his faults. He has a good scheme that is very hard to prepare for because his offense does so many things. That being said, he makes some very questionable decisions when it comes to play calling that have cost us games.

A lot of people think Schultz is handcuffed by Patterson, and when he gets into a situation where the head coach lets him open it up, he'll be much more effective. I don't know if I buy that.

I'll tell you one thing, after watching the last 8 years of TCU football, I can't believe it was someone from the offense that got hired away, as opposed to a defensive coach.

By the way, I didn't even click on the article, is it legit? Is Schultz leaving? I'm not sure whether to be happy about this or not. Who replaces him?

[SIZE=12pt]Do you mean poor game management when you’re talking about the guy that lead arguable the most well balanced offense in the country and lead the nation in time of possession this past season? Coach Shultz will give you a balanced offense that will keep you in more games than not. [/SIZE]

NativeFrog

Schultz going to Illinois must mean that Patterson is here to stay as TCU's head coach for a long time and/or Schultz saw the handwriting on the wall that if he stayed around, he wasn't going to be TCU's next head coach. Also could mean that Patterson got tired of his offensive philosophy, play-calling and game management. Naming a replacement for Schultz will be a critical decision for Patterson.

purpleshades

QUOTE(bullfrog69 @ Jan 2 2009, 07:04 PM) [snapback]281439[/snapback]
Haha let's just say many people will be absolutely thrilled of the news (at tcu)

Idiots.

We will be losing a good coach and an even better person. He is a great recruiter and he will add a Texas recruiting base to the Illini coaching staff. With heavy Florida ties and now Texas this is a great hire for Illinois. Whatever ya'll are paying for this guy, believe me you're getting a steal.

ross

KMA
I hope you are wrong and he does not leave. But he is hated by many on this board because they don't like his play called but most of them are not very football savy and do not understand the difference in poorly called plays and poorly executed plays. he runs a balance attackand likes to run the option and the zone read. He would run a more wide open offense if allowed to by the HC. A very creative mind who some times gets too tricky for his own good. a great recruiter and a super nice person

Status
Not open for further replies.