• The KillerFrogs

So if GP can stand up and cheer from the front row....

GP frog

Contributor
then why can’t the rest of you front-row folks get off your derrières and cheer a bit? Whole arena stands up against I-State at the key moments, including GP, but the rest of the front row looks like a bunch of creeps.
For the monies they pay for the tickets in front row I guess they can stand or not ?

BABYFACE

Brevity, I agree with your first post, disagree with the second.

Yes, it was cool that GP was standing up cheering. Yes, one would hope that the country club part of our fan base took note.

Brevity Frog

For the monies they pay for the tickets in front row I guess they can stand or not ?

Of course. It is their choice. But I’m not the only one who notices when they sit in repose. So they have a right to sit there and we have a right to point it out. Those young players needed some energy, a lift. The entire crowd was up and at it except for the most visible row in the arena.

BABYFACE

The country club part of our fanbase only comprises about 98% of our fans.
I know. Probably more like 75-80 percent but your point is taken.

It’s not a complaint. Deep pockets are beneficial to TCU. My take was that with GP up on the first row and standing up and cheering, that is okay to do that.

ThisIsOurTime

then why can’t the rest of you front-row folks get off your derrières and cheer a bit? Whole arena stands up against I-State at the key moments, including GP, but the rest of the front row looks like a bunch of creeps.

As fun as it is to vent on message board, what action steps did you actually take:
1. Did you talk to any of those front row fans to voice your concerns or ask them why they do not stand?

2. Did you buy front row seats so to practice what you preach and show the other front row seaters how it is done?

3. Have you taken any steps to fund raise to get tickets so your kind of fans can be in the front row?

All of the above is going to be more constructive than you venting on this message board.

Moose Stuff

As fun as it is to vent on message board, what action steps did you actually take:
1. Did you talk to any of those front row fans to voice your concerns or ask them why they do not stand?

2. Did you buy front row seats so to practice what you preach and show the other front row seaters how it is done?

3. Have you taken any steps to fund raise to get tickets so your kind of fans can be in the front row?

All of the above is going to be more constructive than you venting on this message board.

We should just put them on the scoreboard screen with the caption “stand up and cheer you creeps”. That should shame them into doing it.

tcudoc

4. Did you ask the front row if you could have their seats?
5. Did you ask the front row fans to body paint messages on their bellies so that they could prove to be true fans?
6. Did you ask the front row if they had any physical ailments that prevent them from standing and that you could help them with through the use of prayer, medications, essential oils, or medicinal marijuana?
7. Did you ask the second row people to quit telling the first row people that they are “blocking my gosh darn view that I paid good money for?”
8. Did you consider that they are grown adults and can do whatever the heck they want and do not need an inquisition at the game or on a message board asking why they don’t respond in the way you wish they would?

Brevity Frog

Dumb.