• The KillerFrogs

So glad that SR didn't start that game

froginmn

If he had, there would have been endless criticism of his play.

Curious that there doesn't seem to be lots of criticism of the baby Jesus after that stinker.

LVH

I don't think any QB would succeed with this offense the way it is right now.

I dont blame Collins just like I didnt blame Robinson. However I do find it funny no one is clamoring for Collins backup to see reps the same way people clamored for Collins when Robinson was playing.

We moved the ball better with Robinson but turned it over. With Collins we dont move the ball but dont turn it over.

I think Collins is a serviceable backup but we have a big enough sample size now. I dont see him being in the mix to start next year.

mc1502

Is it just me (and it might me), or does it feel like some individuals opinions regarding SR/Collins relative performance are based on more than their play on the field, like things that should have zero weight in evaluating a player.

netty2424

Is it just me (and it might me), or does it feel like some individuals opinions regarding SR/Collins relative performance are based on more than their play on the field, like things that should have zero weight in evaluating a player.
You saying SR likes In & Out Burger over Whataburger?

tetonfrog

Must be related to Shawn.

Or maybe he is one of many KFC posters who got sick and tired about hearing that a QB change was going to save our season. It didn't. Collins, just like SR, has been hampered by a horrible OL and below-average WR play.

Still, it would be cool if Collins could win in Waco next week.

froginmn

My god, you are strange with this Collins obsession.
Why is it strange to wonder why he isn't evaluated through the same lens?
Are you saying that if SR had a snap go off his hands in the end zone, then another one off his cup because he had no awareness of the play clock, that you wouldn't have criticized him?

netty2424

Or maybe he is one of many KFC posters who got sick and tired about hearing that a QB change was going to save our season. It didn't. Collins, just like SR, has been hampered by a horrible OL and below-average WR play.

Still, it would be cool if Collins could win in Waco next week.
Although it’s a smaller cross section, but Collins seems to protect the ball a little better.

SR buried himself with the turnovers. And I agree with your list of deficiencies, they aren’t helping either QB, but there were some throws by SR that were literally right to a zone defender with no Frog in sight. It was mind boggling.

Pharm Frog

Are you saying that if SR had a snap go off his hands in the end zone, then another one off his cup because he had no awareness of the play clock, that you wouldn't have criticized him?

If the center was watching the play clock it would explain a helluva lot about why the center plays so poorly.

Moose Stuff

Maybe it’s that Collins hasn’t turned the ball over once the last two weeks and Shawn was turning it over with regularity.

TRF51

I don’t think it really matters because neither will be the starter next year. Robinson obviously has more upside but he just is not a accurate qb. Collins is okay but okay is not what we want to win a lot of games. As others have stated this offense sucks regardless of which one is playing.

froginmn

If the center was watching the play clock it would explain a helluva lot about why the center plays so poorly.
It's not clear whether Hollins snapped the ball because of the play clock, or if he heard something.

Does it say anything about the QB that with 2, then 1 second on the play clock, he was looking left and right with no awareness of the situation? Just curious why he seems to get a pass but you criticize Hollins for something he may or may not have done wrong.

mc1502

What you’re insinuating has no place on here and you should be embarrassed for suggesting it.

I'm not embarrassed at all. What do you think I am insinuating? My entire point is that a person should only be evaluated on things that are relevant, and doing it any other way is bullshiiiiit. If you have a problem with that, the problem is with you.

And then again maybe the same thing is unacceptable to both of us, and my point didn't come across as intended.

Last edited:

Horny4TCU

I think MC can read a defense better than SR, but he can't really do much with it with this OL. I think -7 rushing yards speaks for itself in OL play today. So, I also give MC the nudge in ball security. Today could have been a lot worse if we have 2 or 3 turnovers, as per the usual when SR was at the helm. The fact MC let the play clock run out and the ball hit him in the crotch, that is unacceptable, but he didn't turn it over at least.

froginmn

I'm not embarrassed at all. What do you think I am insinuating? My entire point is that a person should only be evaluated on things that are relevant, and doing it any other way is bullshiiiiit. If you have a problem with that, the problem is with you.

And then again maybe the same thing is unacceptable to both of us, and my point didn't come across as intended.
I am making the same point, that people should be evaluated equally.

SR absolutely deserved criticism for turning over the ball. But he was getting criticized for a lot more than that.

What I'm wondering about, though, is this: if SR had played the last three games and led the offense to 24 points in a loss to Kansas, to 14 points in a missed-XP win over KState, and a ten point output against WVU and he had somehow turned the ball over ZERO times in that stretch, would there be absolutely zero criticism of him on this board?