• The KillerFrogs

SMU Series Extended to 2030?

Lone Frog

If this info is correct, and I think it is, I'd like to see the series extended at least another 10 years.

For one thing, just a few more years and we'll hit the 100 games mark, which is a nice landmark to reach.

For another, our current six-game winning streak against them is our longest in the history of the series. They, on the other hand, had a 15-game winning streak against us (1972-1986), and I would like to see us eclipse that.

Once we've played them more than 100 times and have something like a 20-game win streak against them, then sure, drop the series.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
I went looking for all of the comments about how many players we lost, but instead found a particularly long debate on whether or not 'real' chili should have beans.

Texas is back... by such a large degree that they are already figuring out their January tailgate food

Paint It Purple

I went looking for all of the comments about how many players we lost, but instead found a particularly long debate on whether or not 'real' chili should have beans.

Texas is back... by such a large degree that they are already figuring out their January tailgate food
I hope Texas is back. To be clear, I despise Texas, but damn; get back to being Texas. Texas has been an embarrassment to any conference for too many years. I love beating their asses but beating or losing to a good Texas is better for TCU and the B12.

Frozen Frog

It's a good series and rivalry for TCU. It is a local game with little travel which is nice.

More importantly it allows TCU to control SMU to a certain level. Sure SMU might win a game every so often and ruin something for the Frogs, but that is going to happen anyways. When TCU played that school below us every year it was important game for the Frogs. Beating them like a drum not only hurt their egos, but more importantly gave us bragging rights. That helps with recruiting. It says who is the better school. If you want start for a crappy school and get whipped every year you can go there. If you want to compete for a starting job and maybe even a backup spot while whipping them and go to bowl games then come play for the Frogs.

Part of the issue that Texas A&M is having right now in the SEC is that they have no direct comparisons within the Big 12. They are a middle of the road SEC team that goes to an average bowl with more travel throughout the season. Why go there when you can play for a good Big 12 team that will go to a better bowl game and has a good shot at making the playoff? If they start beating the Texas schools then they might have some bragging rights.