• The KillerFrogs

SMU Press Conference

Chico Dusty

I won't; it's SMU. If he's good enough to play for TCU he should be good enough to play against SMU. At this point the fact that he's the QB with most questions is precisely why I'd expect to see him start--give him some more tune-up time, which he needs. If not vs. SMU then when?

Hopefully never. Nothing against Delton, as he is an asset to the team. However, TCU is trying to be an elite program and contend for the title. You play the best player, period. If he goes down, you cross that bridge then. The second guy can tune up all he wants in practice.

Portland Frog

Deltons biggest upside was that he’s this 5th year senior who supposedly had tons of experience and understands the game. Unfortunately he’s the QB who continually makes bad reads, locks onto one WR and throws into traffic.

This. At the end of the day, the frogs will go far with a QB that limits mistakes and with receivers who catch passes. Do the frogs need a “Trevor Lawrence” to win it all? Maybe. But efficient, mistake free QB play gets this team a long way with all the weapons on both sides of the ball. This of course assumes the pass catching vastly improves.

Last edited:

Eight

i am one alumni who cares far, far more about this team continuing to improve and the the effectiveness of the frogs passing game than winning the iron skillet

hell, never heard of the thing once when i was on campus and if it was such a big deal they wouldn't have stopped it in the first place

reminds me a great deal of the gawd awful name some have tried to stick on the game with baylor.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

i am one alumni who cares far, far more about this team continuing to improve and the the effectiveness of the frogs passing game than winning the iron skillet

hell, never heard of the thing once when i was on campus and if it was such a big deal they wouldn't have stopped it in the first place

reminds me a great deal of the gawd awful name some have tried to stick on the game with baylor.

I give less than zero [ Finebaum ]s about the iron skillet. I give many many [ Finebaum ]s about losing to SMU.

Mean Purple

Folks wondering about qb starting, there could be many reasons why GP and Sonny are doing it this way.
I can tell you back up rcver who gets in quite a bit, but may not be a starter (may actually spend more time on the other side of the ball), may see things a little differently when they have to step up to start a game for whatever reason. There is just a mental thing to it for some. Game has not settled in for a couple of series/a quarter/what have you. So the whole way you see if can become bigger. That does not happen for everybody, but I can tell you for sure it can happen to a guy in highschool even.
So it may be that they want whoever starts to start for a reason and work a guy in. It could be that both bring something to the table. Just have to hope they both step up. Want them to step up. A duel threat of duel threats would be a good thing.

Eight

It represents history and tradition. Why is it bothering you so much?

it doesn't bother me, i just can't believe how people hold the thing in regards.
what history?

seriously i grew up in dallas in the 70's, went to tcu in the 80's and never heard of the damn thing.

how can something be a tradition if you didn't do anything with it for what? 2-3 decades at least.

4th. down

Not too drink too much kool aid, but holding guys like barkley, barber, lewis, etc. out the first 3 or 4 games may pay some dividends later on in the season with less wear and tear.

Granted it could have cost us against a healthy Purdue, but this season may be setting up real nice for a run late in the year.

Just imagine if the game slows down for Max, the WRs pull their head out, and those true freshmen (winters, stewart, etc.) gain some experience. Real salty!

Yep, it all comes down to CATCH and then run. It's not the defense or special teams or offensive line or RB, we all know who it is.

Paint It Purple

it doesn't bother me, i just can't believe how people hold the thing in regards.
what history?

seriously i grew up in dallas in the 70's, went to tcu in the 80's and never heard of the damn thing.

how can something be a tradition if you didn't do anything with it for what? 2-3 decades at least.
A tradition wasn’t a tradition when it first appeared. Has to start sometime, have real meaning and have more enthusiasts than killjoys for it to prevail. The tunnel Fight em on the Ice is a continuing tradition because CGP had it printed there and it has great historical lore. I wish we had a big-ass block of ice on a pedestal in front of AGCS for every home game. (Like the Clemson Rock) players walking in would want to lay a hand on that Ice as they walk in. LHCGP Would too. Fans would want to do the same. Shame on any fan that didn’t feel the cold before a game.

PS: the skillet sucks. Just beat the crap out of SMU. GIVE ME THE ICE!

Horny4TCU

Not too drink too much kool aid, but holding guys like barkley, barber, lewis, etc. out the first 3 or 4 games may pay some dividends later on in the season with less wear and tear.

Granted it could have cost us against a healthy Purdue, but this season may be setting up real nice for a run late in the year.

Just imagine if the game slows down for Max, the WRs pull their head out, and those true freshmen (winters, stewart, etc.) gain some experience. Real salty!
You can wish in one hand and crap in the other... which will fill first?

TX_Krötenechse

Although it gives a somewhat unrealistic impression of TCU as a school, the Revivalry is a fantastic name.

Also, there’s so little tradition remaining in much of college football that maintaining old rivalries and trophies is important. These are the things that set college apart from the NFL.

Eight

A tradition wasn’t a tradition when it first appeared. Has to start sometime, have real meaning and have more enthusiasts than killjoys for it to prevail. The tunnel Fight em on the Ice is a continuing tradition because CGP had it printed there and it has great historical lore. I wish we had a big-ass block of ice on a pedestal in front of AGCS for every home game. (Like the Clemson Rock) players walking in would want to lay a hand on that Ice as they walk in. LHCGP Would too. Fans would want to do the same. Shame on any fan that didn’t feel the cold before a game.

PS: the skillet sucks. Just beat the crap out of SMU. GIVE ME THE ICE!

a tradition becomes a tradition consistently over a period of time. it is the things that are done on a regular basis.

you don't become a tradition when you starting something for a 10-15 years, stop for 20-30 years because both sides lose interest, and then bring it back up again in the mid 90's in an attempt to generate interest in a rivalry that really hasn't been competitive for decades.