• The KillerFrogs

SMU made a 16+ minute video about beating TCU...

MTfrog5

This pisses me off. I think if our team was pissed off we would have stomped their [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]. Instead we let them take it to us and we all saw the result.
And that is exactly why they aren’t considered a rival. When you win 3 games in 20 years, the players will start to not care. It takes a win by SMU every so often to piss the current players off but then the next couple groups of freshman won’t care because they will never have that loss to SMU. 8 years from not we will be in full meltdown asking if SMU is considered a rival

LVH

This is going to be 61-58 all over again only this time it will be 41-38. Watch us go on another 5+ year win streak over SMU and they still circle back around to 41-38 just like Baylor fans do.

OmniscienceFrog

At Frog Club Gary said “the SMU Band will not be allowed on the field again because they dumped rye grass on the field.” So, I assume we will continue to play them but they will have to perform their half time show from their seats. Or better yet not perform at all.
Sounds good, but only if he and the higher ups stick to it.

McGregor's Goat

Of course they make a big deal of beating TCU. If they vandalized the field in any way it should be addressed, but I'm not going to get worked up about them celebrating and making a hype video. To me, the problem isn't that SMU is celebrating. The problem is that SMU was better than us, and this isn't even supposed to be a rebuilding year.

HFrog12

Interesting how folks were calling them a rival until they beat us. I remember this pathetic nonsense back the last time we did not take care of business.

Seriously, stop going fully aggy.

Honestly curious, where does the aggy comparison come in? Are their fans saying that UT isn't a rival anymore?

To me SMU is a historical rivalry but not a present rivalry. Fans don't care, players clearly don't care. Win or lose, I have been saying for the last 10 years that nothing get's me excited about this game. Ho hum TCU is supposed to win by 30. So yea most fans recognize the history but I wasn't calling them a current rival when we beat them the past 7 years, so of course I am not calling them a current rival when we lose.

Diehard

My guess is they will be as flat this weekend against USF as they were sky high for us...... If so, it will not end well for Peruna.

Eight

We need to play this on a loop, 24/7 on every screen in the TCU football facility until further notice.

why?

the only video the team needs to watch is the coaches film of the game. no portion of this team played well enough to win and if that video didn't do the trick there are bigger problems than the "horrors" of smu's highlight video.