• The KillerFrogs

SMU game cancelled

Jet Set Frog

That crowd was great. Only diehards are showing up to a game like that, so the people who ARE there are gonna make some noise and there isn't gonna be anyone sitting around them them telling them to sit down.

That was an AMAZING experience. The crowd was so amped, and would get exponentially louder the harder it rained. I clearly remember Patterson coming over to the east side and emphatically showing his appreciation for the crowd. I'll never forget that game.

Moose Stuff

Does what he says? Like making Mexico pay for his wall? I wish my party would run a decent candidate, but they keep running an orange clown who apparently loves spending tax money by the look of the gargantuan deficit, is completely immoral and is basically antithetical to any sense of conservatism.

I find it relatively easy to vote for someone when the opponent is basically Bernie Lomax. Anyway, looks like the Baylor/La Tech game has been banged as well. Guessing we see these "postponements" littered throughout the fall.

jake102

I find it relatively easy to vote for someone when the opponent is basically Bernie Lomax. Anyway, looks like the Baylor/La Tech game has been banged as well. Guessing we see these "postponements" littered throughout the fall.

Schools need to be doing what they can to make sure they are one-time events. Not situations where three people get COVID and they think they need to quarantine 25 other people, only for the same thing to happen the next week. If that ends up being the case, PAC and B10 were right

Moose Stuff

Schools need to be doing what they can to make sure they are one-time events. Not situations where three people get COVID and they think they need to quarantine 25 other people, only for the same thing to happen the next week. If that ends up being the case, PAC and B10 were right

If we play even ONE game this fall it will be better than what the PAC and BIG did.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

CardFrog

How exactly does Navy go from having Roger Staubach at QB to running a triple option from the 1920's? How can you possibly come back if you need to score quickly? Painful to watch. Except when they beat K State.

Wexahu

How exactly does Navy go from having Roger Staubach at QB to running a triple option from the 1920's? How can you possibly come back if you need to score quickly? Painful to watch. Except when they beat K State.

It's their only chance of being successful. If they did what every other team does, they would suck.

Staubach started 31 games and threw for 3,799 yards and 18 TDS. In his Heisman season he averaged 155 yards/game and threw 7 TD passes. Joe Burrow threw for 5,671 yards and 60 TDs last year.

jake102

I guess. I don't see myself having any interest in watching that. And I'll still believe the other conferences did the right thing in trying to play.

Yeah I guess we will see how it plays out. Now that we are getting into this, I'm worried we've set ourselves up for failure with the 14 day mandatory quarantine for "close contact". Which of course means that the same players could be on 14 day quarantine over and over and over again as long as they never get COVID.

I think it's the right idea also, but if our season fails and the Big10/PAC get a near full season in, I'll probably change my mind as results are all that matter

CardFrog

It's their only chance of being successful. If they did what every other team does, they would suck.

Staubach started 31 games and threw for 3,799 yards and 18 TDS. In his Heisman season he averaged 155 yards/game and threw 7 TD passes. Joe Burrow threw for 5,671 yards and 60 TDs last year.
Very valid point. and no doubt offensive schemes have evolved, back with Roger that was a virtual air raid but I don't see how playing a triple option (even though it is different) gives you any advantage, might as well adopt a single wing and tell everyone we are never throwing a pass, that is different than any other team as well.

Wexahu

I'm worried we've set ourselves up for failure with the 14 day mandatory quarantine for "close contact".

Yeah, unless they decide to introduce some common sense into the equation, it's probably not going to work. And if they cancel the season all the kids are going to be doing what college kids do. Not sure what that accomplishes.

It's clear that the goal here isn't really to stop the spread. It's to appear like you are doing the right thing in order to have cover from the media mobs.

Wexahu

Very valid point. and no doubt offensive schemes have evolved, back with Roger that was a virtual air raid but I don't see how playing a triple option (even though it is different) gives you any advantage, might as well adopt a single wing and tell everyone we are never throwing a pass, that is different than any other team as well.

When the triple option is clicking, it is a thing of beauty. When it isn't, it looks like the dumbest offense imaginable.

The advantage it gives you is that you don't need to recruit 300 lb lineman (which I don't think service academies are even allowed to recruit that size) and 6'2" QBs with good arms, and the offense is a [ hundin] for teams to prepare for. It's really their only way of fielding competitive teams IMO.

jake102

It's clear that the goal here isn't really to stop the spread. It's to appear like you are doing the right thing in order to have cover from the media mobs.

Yeah. I'm starting to think that one poster is correct, in that TCU and other Big 12 schools have never really had intention of playing this season. Also that perhaps Maniac is right in that our 100% lack of social media content from practices is due to legal issues with COVID

We will find out a lot this weekend

CardFrog

When the triple option is clicking, it is a thing of beauty. When it isn't, it looks like the dumbest offense imaginable.

The advantage it gives you is that you don't need to recruit 300 lb lineman (which I don't think service academies are even allowed to recruit that size) and 6'2" QBs with good arms, and the offense is a [ hundin] for teams to prepare for. It's really their only way of fielding competitive teams IMO.
That a good point, remembering back to playing Air Force, allegedly all are supposed to be able to fit in a cockpit....can you imagine.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Triple-option relies on execution and timing, not to mention the good decisions of the QB. Ball control. Navy didn't have either of the first two, and thus the last metric was meaningless.

I would also say that the playcall right after the INT of the HB option pass that blew up spectacularly was a harpoon to the Middies. They had gotten a turnover, had momentum, and then lost about 20 yards on a dumb play. They never recovered.

Bob Sugar

Army ran that same terrible option offense in Norman and played OU a lot closer than TCU has the last few years.