• The KillerFrogs

SMU Football Tweet: "Fill Section 121"

Need to publicly name these people.

Also - Donati needs to have a TCU employee checking tickets for that section.
IMO if they bought the ticket from a TCU fan they get to sit in the seat. Instead of checking tickets, make note of which seats have red/blue shirts. Need to have a probation/revocation system. There is a group of eight West Side Club tix that always have away fans.

Ppl selling their Loge/Club seats on Stubhub for one or two games basically recouping their annual payment and ride the rest of the games free. I get the free market yada yada as a capitalist myself but you buy Loge/Club because you are a donor, not to profiteer. It is unfortunate to see how many of the SAME seats show up on Stubhub each game.

eg. UT/TCU Sec 207 Row A: 4 tix for $5,500 EACH. Sells them every game.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

IMO if they bought the ticket from a TCU fan they get to sit in the seat. Instead of checking tickets, make note of which seats have red/blue shirts. Need to have a probation/revocation system. There is a group of eight West Side Club tix that always have away fans.

Ppl selling their Loge/Club seats on Stubhub for one or two games basically recouping their annual payment and ride the rest of the games free. I get the free market yada yada as a capitalist myself but you buy Loge/Club because you are a donor, not to profiteer. It is unfortunate to see how many of the SAME seats show up on Stubhub each game.

Sure. If you have a ticket, you have to be allowed into that section, but with that tweet, there are going to be lots of smu fans without actual tickets in that section thinking they can just go sit in there, especially since in their high school stadium, you can pretty much sit wherever you want.

Bc of that, I think they should be pretty strict about checking tickets to get into that section.

Sure. If you have a ticket, you have to be allowed into that section, but with that tweet, there are going to be lots of smu fans without actual tickets in that section thinking they can just go sit in there, especially since in their high school stadium, you can pretty much sit wherever you want.

Bc of that, I think they should be pretty strict about checking tickets to get into that section.
Yah I am cool with that but would still like the root of the problem addressed (ppl selling their tix to opposing fans).

froginmn

I understand why people have a lot of angst over this, but is it possible that someone in Ft Worth, with zero connections to the school, gave a big donation, got these tickets, and gives them to clients who would be interested in that week's opponent?

Edit: or is a big OU or UT fan, buys season tickets to go to that game and sells the others?

I've gone to games in various opposing stadiums and sat in good seats. It's not unique to TCU. I guess I don't understand the angst.

Pharm Frog

I understand why people have a lot of angst over this, but is it possible that someone in Ft Worth, with zero connections to the school, gave a big donation, got these tickets, and gives them to clients who would be interested in that week's opponent?

Edit: or is a big OU or UT fan, buys season tickets to go to that game and sells the others?

I've gone to games in various opposing stadiums and sat in good seats. It's not unique to TCU. I guess I don't understand the angst.

Best seats I've sat in during the current configuration of the Big12 were at OU, at UT, and at Kansas (for what that's worth)

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Let 'em flood the thing. When their team is getting the living crap kicked out of them, they'll clear out pretty quickly...

Certainly possible, but I was referring to Stubhub and specifically the Club/Loge seats that are for sale (at a premium) every single game.